cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spliting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

my flat file conatins 10 records, just i want to split the record as 4 record as one msg and another 4 as one msg and remainig is another msg.

where each msgs are stored as seperate file.

hw can i do this in BPM technique.

plz reply urgent.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes this is possible to do...u have couple of options to do:

1. multi-map with use of bpm

2. java /abap mapping

the best and more efficient way to handle is this i prefer java mapping....easy and we can have more control on the split

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prabhu....

can u pls elaborate multi-map with Java/abap mapping...with some blogs ...examples..etc

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You can achieve this with or without BPM.

With BPM

First arrange the message mapping to do this

source one msg with 0..unbound occurrence

target two msgs , one msg with 4 occur, second with rest of the occure

Add these msgs in source and target , in target got messages tab and add two msgs and change the occurr/ maitain message level itself

source

Root --0.. unbound

field1

field2

target

Root1 -- 0..4

field1

field 2

Root2 -- 0..unbound / as required

field1

field2

in mapping use UDF

source -- remove context -- UDF --two messages

IN BPM

receive -- transformation -- send

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

tamilarasan,

just use recordset entries =4 in sender file adapters. no need to use BPm or mutil mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,tamilarasan

Your can do this without BPM if you wish.

Check the threads as follows:

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/06/08/content-conversion-patternrandom-content-in-input-file

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

You can show the sender FCC parameters if the scenario doesn't work well.

Regards

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamilarasan,

In addition to Sekhar's reply go through these documents which talks about spilitting in details:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/42/f3b31d48fb1bc8e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm">Developing Multi-Mappings for Message Splits</a>

<a href="/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure of Multi-Mapping and Message Split using BPM in SAP Exchange Infrastructure</a>

<a href="/people/narendra.jain/blog/2005/12/30/various-multi-mappings-and-optimizing-their-implementation-in-integration-processes-bpm-in-xi multi-mappings and Optimizing their Implementation in Integration Processes (BPM) in XI.</a>

Also check these similar threads:

<a href="://

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can splitt your records into multiple messages basing the condition if U want.You can achieve this by using Multimapping with BPM techniques.

Let me know If you need further clarification....