cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me out to make understand dynamic file configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I never work on before Dynamic file configuration,there is situation to be work on Dynamic file configuration  i gone through so many blogs there it i got confused  totally i found ASMA and variable substitution , can any help out this that would be great help from u r side.

give me some clarity these

1.Dynamic file Configuration.

2.ASMA

3.Variable substitution.

Thank you,

Sruthi.K

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Dpending on you requirement you can use Dynamic Configuration or Variable Substitution.

For Variable Substitution you could use values from the input payload .for eg, if you input payload has a  PO number and at target side the filename expected is <PONUMBER>.txt you could use variable substitution here by using suppose the PO number value from the payload. Dynamic configuration is more flexible and you use ASMA when implementing Dynamic Configuration. For ex. you can check the Filename, Directory attributes in you receiver and the values get propagated at target side. You can also make use of UDF mapping if you have any specific requirement to fulfill, such as maybe if you require the target filename as <FilenameTimestamp>.xml

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi

First of all do not create thread my making it 'Assumed Answered' because the thread will be shown as answered where as it is  a new thread.

Let me explain the steps in basic detail

1.Dynamic file Configuration.

This is used when we want that the adapter will take the values from the message header. Suppose the requirement is that you have to generate a file name which is dynamic and not any fixed name.

So in order to generate dynamic file name , you have to use dynamic configuration. You have to set the file name in message header and then in the receiver adapter you have to check ASMA and check file name.

There are many parameters which we can pass dynamically

like file name, directory, queue name, target url etc.

2.ASMA

It  is used whenever we want to use dynamic configuration.

3.Variable substitution.

We use it also for the same purpose as we use dynamic configuration. But there are certain limitation for variable substitution

1. The variable substitution can only be helpful for xml files. For flat files it will not work.

But there are some cases where we have to use variable substitution because dynamic configuration will not work in those case

one such scenario is having message split in PI ( multi- Mapping )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sruthi,

Please check below useful link,