cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - Messages in "To Be delivered" status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi XI ers,

We have around 150 messages in "To Be delivered" status. Tried resending a couple of them but no sucess.

When tried to resend a message, it gives message 2 Audit log entries in MDT (Message Display Tool). The first entry is "Try to fail the message" and "Trying to resend the message"

After that in RWB, message monitoring, the status of the message is "To Be delivered" forever.

>>there are no queue entries (smq1 and smq2)

>> tried cancelling the first message in the list of "To Be delivered" status.. and that did not work.

The error being in Receiver end, there are no error entries in sxmb_moni also.

Can any help me with what the issue could.

Any suggestions on directing me are welcome,

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Please check these two similar thread as your problem. Hope you will get some idea:

Also check out these blogs which talks about message processing in XI that will help you to know the root cause:

<a href="/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi message flow in XI</a>

<a href="/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically : How to Re-Process failed XI Messages Automatically</a>

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/04/30/xi--problem-analysis-guide--have-you-seen-this - Problem Analysis Guide - Have you seen this?</a>

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

have a look at the followin

Which means that the message was successfully delivered from Integration Server point of view and it states that the messages is initially handed over to the Messaging System.

TO_BE_DELIVERED occurs while the message is put into the Messaging System receive queue.

Solution:

This is done via the Messaging System receive servlet:

http://<Host>:<PORT>/MessagingSystem/receive/<CONNECTION>;

/<PROTOCOL>

Only if this was executed successfully the Messaging System returns HTTP 200 to the Integration Server and the Status TO_BE_DELIVERED moves to DELIVERING

Try logging into Sap GUI with two users: XIAPPLUSER & XIAFUSER

to see if they are blocked

We can check the messages:

AdapterFramework

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.language

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.name = XIAFUSER

com.sap.aii.adapterframework.serviceuser.pwd

ApplicationSystem

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.language

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.name = XIAPPLUSER

com.sap.aii.applicationsystem.serviceuser.pwd

in the exchange profile to make sure the right passwords

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

Thank you very much for ur immediate reply.

I am sorry that I did not include in my previous message that, running out of all the options, I had to restart the Java Engine form SMICM and that worked.

But I want to know the root cause of what might have happened as I have to answer my client. Need less to say I have no clue of that.

The users XIAFUSER and XIAPPLUSER might not have been locked as restart of J2EE engine made the messages flow through.

reg,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Usually this happens when there are lots of messages in your queues. or if any of the message is blocked in one of the queue and the rest of the messages were in that queue.

If there is some important data and if you are in production and if you dont want to block like this you can prioritize the queue for your interface.

Also when you restarted the blocking is cleared and queues flow once again.

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satish,

I have already given that, I have checked the queues SMQ1 and SMQ2 before restarting the j2ee engine. I did not find entries in SMQ1 and SMQ2.

reg,

-Naveen.