cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding fields to Travel Services in Travel Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

In our system, Travel Planning is disabled, because we don't want online booking. Travel services button is active in Travel Request, because we do want some basic information for each service.

I would like to know what's the best approach to store data of custom fields for each travel service.

Right now, I know how to add fields in the main view, using PTK99 structure, user exit, and enhancing the WDA application thanks to .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Raúl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raúl,

for the Enhancement of the Service Requests you won't be able to use PTK99 etc, because the Service Requests are part of the Travel Planning module (even if you don't explicitly use FI-TV-PL). I.e. the data is not stored in the PCL1-TE Cluster but in transparent tables instead.

For the WDA-Part, you'll have to enhance WDYN FITE_VC_SERVICE_REQUEST.

--> View V_SERVICES for the Layout, the fields of the table are within a table popin, so you kind of have to develop blindly

--> The data transition and plausibility handling takes place in comp conf methods ON_SHOW, SERVICE_RFC_CHECK, SUPPLY_PREFERENCE and SUPPLY_SERVICE_DATA

For the DDIC-Part, you'll have to enhance the structure of the standard table FTPT_REQUEST, this is where the data is stored.

If you already used my approach for FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA you'll get behind the details via Debugging

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, Lukas... Thank you so much! Couldn't ask for a better answer.

I've already had the fields in FITE_VC_SERVICE_REQUEST, but wasn't quite sure about storing the data in FTPT_REQUEST.

Something useful that I've found:

If you also enhance structure FTPS_WEB_REQUEST_SERVICE with the same fields, and add the attributes in the SERVICES context node declaring them using the same names, you don't need to add logic to retrieve and save data of the custom fields.

Structure FTPS_WEB_REQUEST_SERVICE is being used in the function modules to save/retrieve travel services data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

I've noticed that most of the fields that I need are in tables FTPT_CAR, FTPT_FLIGHT, and FTPT_HOTEL. Are these tables only used when Travel Planning is active? They're not been considerated in FITE_VC_SERVICE_REQUEST.

Thanks,

Raúl

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raúl,

When you create a Travel Request with Service Requests, the data will only be stored in FTPT_REQUEST, not in FTPT_CAR, FTPT_FLIGHT, FTPT_HOTEL or FTPT_TRAIN. The data will also only be read from FTPT_REQUEST.

In case you'd use the Planning Submodule as well, the next step after approval of the travel request would be creating a travel plan with FITP_PLANNING. Here the first thing that happens is, the data from FTPT_REQUEST is polled for 'supposedly-to-book' travel services. Then after booking against external OBEs etc., the travel plan will be saved and the dedicated service entries of the plan will be written into FTPT_CAR, FTPT_FLIGHT, FTPT_HOTEL or FTPT_TRAIN etc.

So bottom line your assumption is correct. These tables are only relevant for FI-TV-PL.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your excellent answer Lukas! It's evident that you have a strong, intimate relationship with Travel Management. XD

Regards,

Raúl

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aye, more than I'd like to D-;

Answers (0)