Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No of Target systems to One source system via TDMS

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wondering if any one in this group have worked on a scenario, where there is 1 source / ECC, and 5-6 target systems/clients.

The reason for asking this question : I have an RFC connection set between the source and target 1, and there is another RFC set from Source to Target 2.

Now, I have 4-5 projects created in TDMS/controller, and when I want to delete a project ( which is configured with source and target 1), I had to deactivate the package in the project, that inturn deactivated the RFC connections of Source and Target 1.

Now, when I am trying to create a landscape between source 1 to target 2, and when I clicked on the distribute RFC connections, it throws an error.

ERROR DETAILS:

Destination MBT_DD1_ED2_130_00_MBT deactivated or bad state - Connection check not allowed. Message no. CNVMBTRFC123 Diagnosis Connection check for a destination is not allowed. The reason can be that the destination is deactivated, no connection check explicitely choosen, or destination state doesn´t allow the check. Destination is deactivated In table cnvmbtdest in field deactivated you find the information about deactivation state. Keep in mind that for each remote system the state can be different for the destinations. Viewing deactiavation state see heading 'Get destination and deactivaten state'. No connection check explicitely choosen When calling the function for checking the connection we have an import parameter no_connection_check. If this parameter is set then no connection check will be done. Destination state doesn´t allow the check In table cnvmbtdeststate you find the state for a destination (also called connection state). If there is no entry then it can be assumed that the destination is OK. If there is an entry then all states with exception of O (connection OK) and the initial entry indicating that there is something not OK with the destination and no connection check will be done untill the issue is fixed. For destinations in the control system you find the destination state in the control system and for destinations in the remote system accordingly in these systems. Viewing destination state state see heading 'Get destination and deactivation state'.

Wondering if someone can help in fixing this. Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineetha,

This is not an issue related to package de-activation. Package de-activation will never de-activate the landscape. This is an issue with RFC and note number 1964603 will resolve this issue. There are other notes for RFC on top of SP05 and SP06. Check the composite note and apply if not applied yet. Your current issue should be resolved with this note 1964603.

Thanks,

Anita

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anita,

Will go through the note and will revert back, incase of any further issues.

Also, I want to know why I am not able to delete a project, and when trying to delete a project, that doesn't have a package in it, gives an error. something that says, 500 sap internal error, screen output without connection to user ( termination : RABAX_STATE)

Also, based on my earlier msg, I was trying to go through the tcode " SET_RFC_STATE".

Surprisingly, I see all the Projects that I created with the earlier source/target/RFC connections.

Is there a way to get rid of these projects/ packages which are not in USE.

Thanks,

former_member65049
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineetha,

Basically, such issue should not occur.

You need to create an OSS message in CA-TDM* component, so that TDMS support can check the issue in your system.

Regards,

Rupam

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Sure,

Will get the OSS message created.

Thanks,