cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start Agentry Administration Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Im unable to start Agentry Server. Error is: (0*00002733) A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately.

Please help me in resolving this. Below is the screen shot for reference.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Madhuri,

Terminate your server.  There is a file called server.pipes (or something like that?) in your Agentry server directory.  Delete that file.  Restart the server.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the Agentry Server started as a service?
What Agentry version are you running?
Can you right click an run as admin?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Jason. It worked............

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason i would like to know why this file has been created. It will be helpful for me if you can explain me the reason.

Thanks........

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhuri,

Even i have faced this issue,at that time i have started the agentry command console administration client first and then agentry GUI administration client,it has resolved the issue.

Regards,

Sravanthi Polu

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madhuri,

The Agentry server produces this ServerPipes.lst to broadcast the necessary connection (hostname and port + plus some secret settings) to any admin services (this includes the Agentry Admin tool and the AgentryGUI).

By design when you:

1. Stop the AgentryServer the ServerPipes.lst also gets deleted (Sometimes a tool or application is reading the ServerPipes.lst and this may be the reason why it was not deleted on stopping the AgentryServer).
  2. Start the server the ServerPipes.lst gets created.
    • On restart or recreation of the ServerPipes.lst the contents of it may be different than before. In particular the Command and Status addresses will most likely have different ports and the secret should be different.
  3. The user can leave the specific port values in the Agentry.ini if the designer has a requirement to lock the admin client down to a specific port (e.g if you have a firewall). If the designer just wants to restrict the Agentry to a specific interface or host name, the designer can leave the host name in the commandPipePort/statusPipePort settings and use 0 for the port number to allocate the port dynamically
  4. The ServerPipes.lst should be readable (if the customer makes this file unreadable or the directory where it lies unreachable, any of the AgentryGui or AdminGui tools will not be able to connect to the Agentry server. Sometimes administrator tries to limit access to certain files and directories. Let it be known if this file or the directory gets lock by file sharing access then any admin services that will try to connect to the Agentry server will be unsuccessful.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Madhuri,

Please mark this thread as answered so others will be able to find the solution.  Thanks!

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Answers (0)