cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on SLT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frzz,

We have created some calculated columns in HANA on some fields uing IF ,CASE and some string funtions like midstr(),lpad(), isNull() etc

My question is instead of doing it in HANA, can i do it in SLT??? to improve the performance at query runtime??

Please guide.

Best Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I'm not sure if you are aware but there is a specific SLT space on SCN where you can find informative blogs and post questions specific to SLT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jon. Really helpful.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your inputs.

@Jon :: As you said we associate an abap include to perform the necessary transformation. Can you please guide me how exactly i can do it??

Thanks in advance.

Krishna.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You could watch this as a start:

SAP D&T Academy - SLT - How to Setup transformation capabilities to filter content and struc...

and then have a play with your abap include against parameter and event based rules to skip records and set values of existing/new fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Yes, you can surely do this in SLT and we actually did it as doing some calculations and derivations in HANA was actually hampering the performance.

Thanks & regards,

Jomy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Joy. Could you please guide me on this.

former_member182500
Contributor
0 Kudos

In SLT you have the option of creating parameter or event based rules against which you associate an abap include to perform the necessary transformation.