cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection with external System using AS2/SFTP adapter.

former_member183249
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to use SFTP/AS2 to connect to an external Server which is not in our landscape.

Can anybody could help whether i need to create a party on the Sender side as sender system is an external Server.

I have gone through many docs but i am not clear when to use party and when not..?

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul

Whether to use a party or not is both an architectural question as well as a development question.

Architecturally, if an external server is not in your landscape and belongs to a different company/entity, your scenario would be a B2B process. You can refer to the below link for more details about B2B, but I've included a short snippet below too.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c7a475da5e31ebe10000000a42189b/content.htm

Using a communication party, you address a company that is involved in a B2B process.

The (technical) name of the communication party (for example Bosch) is the identifier for the company within an Integration Directory. To be able to identify the company during any external communication using a globally unique ID, you specify alternative identifiers for a communication party. For external communication, the name of the communication party that is known internally is mapped to the ID. A particular identifier is specified in the communication channel (see below).

In terms of development, not all adapters (FTP, SFTP, SOAP, etc) require the use of a party object when you develop a B2B integration scenario. There are companies which have implemented all B2B scenarios using those adapters in an A2A style (using just Business Systems.)

As Harish has mentioned, if you use the Seeburger AS2 adapter, you will need the party object (AS2ID is configured there), but if you use the SFTP adapter, it is optional.

For your case, I'd recommend going with Party to clear distinguish that it is a B2B process.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

For AS2 scenario you need use the party object because it contains the AS2 ID. for SFTP scenario party is optional.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul - As it would be your external system, you can go with communication Party..