cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Server 2012 R2 is released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

Windows Server 2012 R2 has been released these days for the 7.21_EXT kernel and the databases

MS SQLServer

MAXDB

Sybase ASE

For detailed information have a look into then Product Availability Matrix

regards

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Thanks for your information

Windows 2012 will not support for Oracle & IBM DB2?

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

I was talking about Windows Server 2012 R2.

Actually, Oracle and IBM DB2 are not yet released for this OS.

What I did not mention: we have also released our 7.21_EXT kernel for Windows Server 2012 (without R2) and Oracle 11.2.0.4 based SAP products.

Regards

Peter

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Thanks for the information.

Did you have any information on when Server 2012 R2 will be supported for Oracle 11g ?

Oracle did not seem to provide any date and does not even seem to plan support for 11g.

Only for 12c could support Win 2012 R2

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/tech-info/sod-oracle-db-win81-win2012r2-2088197.p...

https://blogs.oracle.com/otnjp/entry/oracle_database_for_new_windows

I've got customers who are willing to migrate to 2012 R2 but are not wiling to migrate to 12c (not yet supported by SAP until 12.1.0. 2 is available).

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

up to now I have no information that Oracle 11g is going to be supported on 2012 R2.

If you do not find any information on your Oracle channels - I doubt, that SAP channels will tell you something different.

So it is the same as it is always, when we got a new Windows version: If you want to run Oracle on it you have to show a lot of patience

regards

Peter

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Editors strategy is weird and sometimes seems disconnected with customer needs...

Up to know the only information I found shows that 11g will only be supported on Win 8.1... this is more a personal platform that might not be the best choice for running an RDBMS...

Moving to the brand new 12c might still be risky... and 2008 R2 end of Mainstream Support is for next year ( Microsoft Product Lifecycle Search)

Bad point for Oracle

david_byrne2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Oracle 11 support for windows 2012r2 has been confirmed.

is there any indication that SAP will release their products for this OS/database combination?

regards

david

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, have a look at this:SAP on Oracle.

According to them, 11.2.0.4 will be supporting Windows Server 2012 R2.

I expect the PAM to show this combination soon.

SAP Note 1431799 shows the same information.

regards

Peter

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excellent!  Thank you for the announcement.  I don't actually see it in the PAM yet, but I assume that's a synchronization artifact.  Is it also released for kernel 7.41?

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt Fraser wrote:

Excellent!  Thank you for the announcement.  I don't actually see it in the PAM yet, but I assume that's a synchronization artifact.  Is it also released for kernel 7.41?

Regards,

Matt

yes

regards

Peter