cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Upgrade issue ABAP-PI Proxy error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have an issue in SAP R3 system after the recent SAP upgrade.

The proxy programs in R3 were using SAP Standard structure in their development.

Standard structure : SAPPLCO_LOG_ITEM_CODE (TYPE SAPPLCO_LOG)

And so after the upgrade, There seems to be a new field added in the above standard structure and hence causing mismatch between the proxy program developed internal structure to the SAP standard structure.

We come to understand that this Standard structure is being used from SAP PI, Software component SAP APPL.

So SAP PI has old SAP standard structure and SAP R3 has new standard structure with additional field.

Can you please suggest how to overcome this issue. We have also raised an OSS ticket to SAP.

Kind Regards

Rajesh.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Also update of the PI content to a new version. Did you check this option?

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I'm not sure how to upgrade the specific PI content, Software component.

As when i looked for the new version in SAP Market place i was not able to find it.

I looked for this new software component version :

SAP APPL 6.03

Do we have the updated version available in SAP market place to download ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to download the standard ES content for SAP APPL. The version needs to fit with the installed component on the ECC backend, i.e. if you have EHP 6 installed you need to go with SAP_APPL 6.06, for EHP 5 with SAP_APPL 6.05....

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thank You for the information. I was able to download SAP_APPL 6.06 content from SAP service market place. Here We have a doubt before importing the new SAP APPL content. In market place downloads under SAP_APPL 6.06 we were able to see few many database downloads with last changed at 3.04.2014.

Our EHP upgrade for SAP_APPL is 6.06 , SP level 0007. So we should download / import  the highlighted content version (SAPAPPL60607) in the screenshot from market place or download / import the latest change under SAP_APPL 6.06 download patch ? Kindly let us know.

Best Regards,
Rajesh.S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

In your scenario, are you using SAP standard service interface or is it a custom service interface.

If you are using custom service interface, please regenerate the proxy and adjust the code to match the new ABAP structures.

If you are using SAP standard interface, then you need to use the latest SAP PI content for your release.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

This solution was developed in early 2000 I believe. And in Z proxy programs they have used Standard SAP structure. Hence we are facing this complication. We are not able to edit the Standard SAP structure which is being used in proxy from SAP APPL software component in PI.

Kind Regards,
Rajesh.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I think you have only 2 options.

1) Created the old SAP structure as custom structure, regenerate proxy and adjust code.

2) Use new SAP structure in PI and then adjust code.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

We downloaded SAP APPL 6.06 version from SAP service market place and manually updated all the custom interfaces which were using SAP standard structures. And Regenerated Proxy to take the effect.

This way it helped us resolving the case.

Kind Regards
Rajesh.S

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Check the below Note for your SAP_APPL component version,

1937106 - Short dump occurs while using Service InboundDeliveryConfirmationCreateRequest_In

regards

Swami