Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS Navigator configuration steps

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Do the following settings have to be maintained in SOA Manager in order to test web services?

SOA -> Technical Configuration -> SOA Middleware Global Settings:

WS Navigator is returning a null result, not what I am expecting:

Thanks

Che

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - No need to maintain them.. It should work..

May be your target web service might not be returning anything.. Can't you check in message monitoring?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Yes I see now that the HTTP settings are only required when calling web services on a foreign system.

The target web service is setup to return a response (Soap <-> Proxy) but no messaging can be seen. I have a feeling I have missed a step and hence the sender soap adapter is not being called, but a null response is being returned from somewhere! Again I have yet to try this by publishing from the swing client. Just thought I would persist with ws navigator for now.

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che -

Did you notice anything under NWA logs for your user?

NWA/SOA/Logs and Traces / Log Viewer ->

and

http://host:port/nwa/logs

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Yes I have already raised this with the Basis team. On entering WS Navigator the following error in thrown even before test execution:

Even given the above error I can still execute a test, though it maybe why I get a null response.

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - I think it justifies the null response, as your request is not even being forwarded to the target application.

Is this the only entry you found in NWA? Did you search with the logid mentioned in the error?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The logid can be searched in the same transaction?

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. you should find it in NWA logs..(system logs and traces view)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

Error might be with user roles. check below thread and assign roles to the user.

WS Navigator Role | SCN