cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Crystal reports in MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Related to http://scn.sap.com/thread/1806338

Just a question to make sure I understand this topic.

So yes, it is possible to use CR objects in MII 12.2.Does this mean that when I defined the datasource for the CR to be MII and I am using an IRP page in MII that contains the CR, the reports runs solely in MII (it does not need CR during runtime)?

regards Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_14935
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

The CR that you embed in MII irpt page runs in your browser, for this the required resource files have to be uploaded to MII through workbench's Web tab. The required resource files can be located under your CR installation directory at the following path:

<CR_Install_Dir>\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers

This folder crystalreportviewers has to be uploaded in the Web tab under your project where you have your CR and irpt page. This is how it works in 14.0 (should be the same in 12.2 as well)

Hence, the bottom line is that you don't need CR at runtime while running your irpt page.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Thanks for the reply. This was the answer I was looking for.

Regards

Frank

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Have a look at this How to Guide:

It describes how to use data from MII 14.0 in Crystal Reports and then embed the report in a MII web(IRPT) page.

Regards,

Rohit Negi.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Use this Google Custom Search and the topics 'MII "Crystal Reports" to find a wealth of information on the use of Crystal Reports with MII.

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=013447253335410278659%3Ak8ob9ipscwg&ie=UTF-8&q=MII+%22Crystal+Reports%2...

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To expand on your question, the data comes from MII (as the datasource), is presented in a CR template which is then viewed in MII.  My thought is that CR must execute when combining the data into the CR template.

MII does not contain an instance of CR, at least not in 12.2.  I am less familiar with 14.0, but suspect the same still holds true.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG