Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying and pasting the images

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

Currently SCN allows to upload images by certain formats like JPEG, PNG etc..Can we expect SCN to come up with just Cut/Copy and pasting the images into our posts(which makes our lives much easier)?

Regards,

Suman

Ashok_KumarM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi, I submitted an enhancement request. Please vote up @ https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/274246

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Suman,

there is an idea for that: Direct paste of screenshots in blog/article/thread instead of image upload

But if you look at the comments, it seems like there should already be a way to do that. Maybe someone from the SCN team can clearify. Nontheless it can't hurt to promote the idea. ^^

@Dev: In IE9 it's not working. I think it's not supported in every browser, so I don't think it's a "normal" option for SCN, just working for some browsers, because they support it generally.

Regards,
Steffi.

former_member186897
Contributor
0 Kudos

Voted....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Yes this feature is not working in IE11 and google chrome for me.

Manish Kumar can you please explain what is the system requirement to make work this feature ?

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any system requirement. For me, it just works.

I have tried this on IE, Firefox and Chrome, it works on all of them.

After typing this much, I saw a flash of light and below might be the reason why it "just works" for me.

I use a screenshot taking tool, which allows the captured image in clipboard to be in png format.

PNG is my favorite, and most suited for taking screenshot of computer applications.

Another advantage is that PNG content can be 20 times smaller than BMP.

So, my clipboard image is very small sized because of:

1. PNG format
  2. Small resolution because I capture region. Say, all my images are smaller than 600x400 pixels.

I use Greenshot because it is awesome and free/open source.

My workplace does have option of SnagIt, but I won't use that heavy/expensive/closedsource application.

Prior to that I had used a freeware named Gadwin PrintScreen. Both softwares had PNG option.

Imagine a normal full-sized printscreen having 2MB BMP data in clipboard.

SCN requirement for Inserting Image is:

Maximum file size: 1.0 MB. Also, please note that images larger than 640px wide or 400px tall will be scaled to fit those limits in your content.

Here I am pasting a small BMP created using Paint application of Windows 7.

Let's see what happens.

EDIT: BMP pasting worked for small image, and Jive is smart enough to store it as PNG

In order to test my theory, please try out a screenshot tool with png option or in-built snipping tool of Windows 7 for a smaller image.

At the very least, you could open calculator application, and do Alt+Printscreen (captures active window, not the entire screen) so that a small image resides in clipboard.

Then try pasting on SCN and pray.

/.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As you said, I tried the option as PNG file format. I tried the Greenshot software also but it is not working in Chrome and IE .

It is working in mozilla only.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Generally you should use Insert Image from the tool bar or drag & drop.  Copy/Pasting sometimes works but there are a few problems with this, namely that you might paste an image hosted at a location that might go offline at some point in the future or you might hit some restrictions causing the operation to break.

Anyhow, the existing facilities have been serving the community well. Of course, your ideas are always welcome at SCN Innovation and Enhancements

Ashok_KumarM
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I submitted an enhancement request. Please vote up @ https://influence.sap.com/sap/ino/#/idea/274246

former_member186897
Contributor
0 Kudos

Much needed feature. Being SCN one of the popular forum it should introduce some advance features like this.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Mohd Shahanshah Ansarifor your reply. This makes things very easy.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. You can use copy paste image for replying in discussion thread

I have done this using copy paste..

You can also use drag and drop facility...

Regards

Dev

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy and Paste - Thanks dev letting know this functionality.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

I am using Google Chrome as my browser. It doesn't allow me to paste the image but it allows drag & drop. But it makes no difference in uploading a image through standard feature. I am interested in pasting. Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Suman

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. I am using Mozilla Firefox, I can use the facility..

I have checked now, Its not working in Chrome..

Regards

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dev for your update. I prefer using chrome. It is not working in chrome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Yes, this feature is working in firefox. I pasted this using cut copy function.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu