Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Perform Party lookup in a UDF

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have defined our message parties as PI parties. It works quite easy to use the lookup code as bellow in an adapter module or adapter.

Is there a the same possible in a UDF. I cannot find this in the API or am I missing something.

NormalizationManager normManager = NormalizationManager.getInstance();

Party party=null;

try {

party= normManager.getXIParty(ADDR_AGENCY_FIGAF, schema, bank);

} catch (CPAException e) {

throw new StreamTransformationException("Unable to convert house bank "+bank));

}

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Reading the SAP documentation said:

The NormalizationManager allows the CPA cache service users (adapter implementations) to normalize and denormalize...

I think the problem is that in message mapping you have not access to the adapter framework services, between them the com.sap.aii.af.service.cpa and you have access to it only in integration directory.

Regards.

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes that is my problem i guess.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Daniel

You want to read the sender party or receiver party?

You can read the sender party or receiver party from UDF or java mapping using the below API

https://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04/current/pi/com/sap/aii/mapping/api/StreamTransformationConstants....

roger_alluivall
Participant
0 Kudos

I know that this is not what you are asking for. However, If you need the Party in the Message Mapping, why don't you try to use Dynamic Configuration? I mean, if you are able to access the party from an adapter module, why don't you save it in Dynamic Configuration, so you can retrieve it later?

Regards!

DG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I already do that for lots of value.

But this value is placed in a different location and do not want to process in the adapter module.

Daniel