cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we need to have an shipment interface with a third party warehouse and ECC (outbound , inbouund ).

Third party warehouse is using non SAP application.

I need to  know an overview on how we are going to receive the data from  third party abd how idocs are going to be genrated from non sap application.

Is it necesaary to have SAP PI in place ? If yes what is the role of EDO convertors ?

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are connecting to a 3PL there could be possibly the below interfaces(not limited to):

1. Inventory update

2. GI for foward delivery

3. GR for returns delivery

4. Physical count/Wall to Wall count feed

XI or any other gateway would be requried if R/3 is the below cases:

1. The are certain file structure standards in place ( EDI810 etc.)

2. The 3PL system does not understand the file structure SAP sends and needs it to be converted to certain format.

3. 3PL system needs to call a webservice or needs xmls as file transfers

(Speak to your XI and ABAP counterparts for a detailed understanding)

I need to  know an overview on how we are going to receive the data from  third party abd how idocs are going to be genrated from non sap application

--> There are multiple options

One example: You could have a sftp file transfer interfaces where 3PL sends the files(vice versa) and R/3 picks them up from the application server and necessary FMs convert it into IDOCs. Details could be defined in port defination of the IDOC message. (Speak to a experienced ABAP and Basis counterpart).

There are standard IDOC types availble for each. They could be used or you could have your customised IDOCs for each of the processes you need.

Let me know if you need further technical details.

Regards,

Deb