Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori Launchpad - Are Catalogs Missing

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing an install of FIORI, having upgraded our system to EHP 7 - and

SAP_UI 740 0007 SAPK-74007INSAPUI User Interface Technology 7.40.

We use a single server for the moment for the gateway and erp system.

I can access the Fiori apps using the old launchpage screen - no problem, having assigned the relevant Catalog Pages to the relevant roles.

I can access the new Fiori Launchpad and Launchpad Designer also no problem.

However, and maybe my understanding is incorrect here - i was thinking i should see a number of standard catalogs for the standard fiori apps that i could manipulate and assign to groups etc as required.  Or this this incorrect?  I see nothing new in LPD_CUST - i would have thought there should be new entries here for the various apps to link to ?

Or is it a case these all need to be created from scratch?  I have gone through the help documentation a number of times and cannot make out how to generate these even if i need to - exactly what the links between LPD_CUST and a new app within the catalog are.  I do have access within the designer to the tile templates but the help is not clear on how to link these to the standard fiori apps.

Am i missing something in the set up?  is there further documentation available on the links required.

Thanks

Sinead

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

Please go to the Overview page of and look for the "What is SAP Fiori" landing page.  You will find most of what you are looking for there.  It is the best place to start where Fiori is concerned.

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael,

I have been on that page a number of times in the last few days.  i posted this because i did not find the answers to my question there unfortunately.

Specifically:

1 - Should there be standard catalogs for the standard fiori apps that i can adjust as required for my own catalogs and groupings - or do i need to create all of these from scratch.

2 - If i need to create from scratch - how exactly do i link the fiori app to a tile within one of my groups.

Thanks

Sinead

0 Kudos

My experience with LP is pretty limited, but I believe you need to add the tiles for each app that you have.  It does not happen automagically.  Given that there are now over 200 apps, it kind of makes sense.

Regards, Mike

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I don't know - In the help it references the following say, for Approve Requisitions:

Front-End Components

UI5 Application                                MM_PR_APV

Business Role          SAP_MM_BCR_Buyer_X1

Business Catalog       SAP_MM_BC_Buyer_X1

Business Catalog Group

SAP_MM_BCG_Buyer_X1

LPD_CUST Role                         UIX01MM

LPD_CUST Instance     TRANSACTIONAL

But I see no reference to the above elements in my system.  I am just wondering are they missing, should they be there?  How do i get them there if they are missing and if not, how do i go about creating the require link for new tiles.

Cheers

Sinead

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

Please check you have installed correct UI components. You are in Group B.

Ans make sure you have assigned correct business role to the user. SAP_MM_BCR_Buyer_X1.

Regards, Masa

0 Kudos

Hope this gets you started.  I looked around for a document but did not see one that has been released to the open community at this time.

Preparation steps

• Initial configuration
  • Maintaining SAP Gateway OData
    Services
  • Configuring ICF Nodes
  • Transport request

Configuration steps

• Register a new LPD with the LPD_CUST
    Transaction on the Gateway
  • Create a new catalog in Launchpad
    designer
  • Add tiles to the catalog: Target mapping
    and Static, Dynamic or News tiles
  • Create a group and add tiles from
    existing catalogs
  • Create a new role with the PFCG
    Transaction

Regards, Mike

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby (found a better outline)

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Michael - that is great!

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa,

From what i can see i have all the required components - the app works perfectly on the old launchpage still.

i don't have that role in the system that you mentioned though - which i think is the cause of my issues - but i don't see where that comes from  -what i have installed re the specific application is:

SAP_BASIS           740        0005      SAPKB74005       SAP Basis Component

GBAPP002           600        0003      SAPK-60003INGBAPP002               GBAPP002

SAP_UI 740 0007 SAPK-74007INSAPUI User Interface Technology 7.40

Thanks

Sinead

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just to update,

I have done the following set up - created a new catalog and assigned 2 new tiles:

1 - static app with following set up:

2 - Target App as follows:

3 - And Lauchpad as follows:

Then 4 - assigned my catalog to my role.

Can access in the launchpad - but when i select it i get the following error:

i can launch a static where i use url only which is the url for the app, but this is not the ideal way to launch.

Any idea what i am missing here?

Cheers

Sinead

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

I think the root cause is that you have not installed UIX01EAP . Please double check.

Regards, Masa

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

You are right!  We don't - will get that installed and revert - thank you very much,

Rgds

Sinead

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

Looking at your screenshots and comparing to the standard settings in my system it looks like you should not have a full URL in the launchpad role config only the app's relative path such as /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/mm_pr_apv

Under additional information it should say: SAPUI5.Component=ui.s2p.mm.requisition.approve

Not sure if this plays a role or not.

I have those settings and can launch apps from the launchapd without an issue. My problem is the opposite of yours. I cannot run the new apps outside of the launchpad. When I try:

http://<hostname>:<port>/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/mm_pr_apv

I'm get an error saying "File sap/sd_so_mon/index.html NOT found!"

When I run the old "Wave 1" version of the same app, it works without a problem:

/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ui5_mm_pr_apv/

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sinead,

Catalog contents are delivered by SAP and you do not need to create those entries.

You just need to assign roles to the user.

• SAP_MM_TCR_T_X1
  • SAP_MM_TC_T_X1

Regards, Masa

Sinead_EY
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

Just an FYI that we just completed the installation of UIX01EAP and this indeed was the problem - so we now have all the missing entries and the new apps work a treat.

Thanks for all the help.

Regards

Sinead