cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement: several SU for only 1 material in bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

In my storage type, putaway strategy is  L  and SUT management is activated. The requirement from customer is: In a bin of that storage type, material is NOT mixed (only 1 material is allowed for bin at one time), but SU is mixed (several SU numbers of that material can be stored in bin).

Using standard setting of Mixed Storage indicator in storage type does not fulfill the requirement. Is user exit MWMTO003 helpful? Please advise.

Thanks,

Duc. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I found solution for the requirement: user exit MWMTO003, with two function modules:

EXIT_SAPLL03A_001: to determine destination bin automatically. This function module replaces putaway strategy L in configuration of storage type, because once the User Exit indicator is activated, standard putaway strategy is no longer valid. I need to replicate 100% what system does in strategy L into this function module.

EXIT_SAPLL03A_002: to check destination bin if it's entered manually. This function module will check if material in TO item is the same as material in destination bin; if it's not, error message will be generated.

Together with two user exit, I also configure the destination storage type:

- Mixed storage indicator: A

- User exit indicator: activated.

I must test the enhancement thoroughly because there's lot of coding in first function module, and it's working fine in all cases

Regards,

Duc.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using batch management?

If YES: On storage type settings please maintain B as pallet mix indicator.

If NOT: Maintain mixing with indicator A.

If you get errors after setting these indicators, please post the messages / errors so hat I can help further.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would be interested in knowing the answer. As far as I know, if the storage type is HU managed you can only have two SUs (two quants) if the storage type has bulk storage as putaway strategy.

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Duc ba

Putaway Strategy "L" always look for next empty bin when you will try to store the another SU, As you correctly identified can use the user exit MWMTO003 to write your own strategy.

List of WM user exit which will be helpful for you you in future

MWMTO001 Update own data after TO creation
MWMTO002 Update own data after TO confirmation
MWMTO003 Own strategy
MWMTO007 Palletization and storage type search for stock placements
MWMTO004 Own strategy
MWMTO008 Storage type search for removals
MWMTO005 TO-related underdelivery
MWMTO006 Bin-related overdelivery and underdelivery
MWMTO009 Prevents deletion of TO items
MWMTO010 Determines total planned TO processing time
MWMTO011 Correction of processing time for TO item
MWMTO012 Transfer order split
MWMTO013 Enhancements of stock removal strategy "Stringent FIFO"
MWMPP001 WM/PP interface: Automatic TR creation
MWMRP001 Replenishment control: Selection of delivery items
MWMRP002 Replenishment control: TR quantity allocation
MWM2S001 Redetermining 2-step picking
MWMD0001 TO printing using print program RLVSDR40
MWMD0002 TO printing (multiple processing) through print program RLKOMM40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

Thanks for your reply. I want to clarify the requirement: During putaway, users will not interrupt system; they only want that they can create TO manually to move additional SU into bin that already contains the same material; if such SU contain different material than the material stored in bin, system will not allow them to do so. In this case, is MWMTO003 usable?

Thanks,

Duc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Could you please give more advices for my problem? I think there would be solution of it. If the requirement is not clear yet, I will clarify it again.

Thank you,

Duc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please advise for my questions. I really need to know the answers.

Thank you,

Duc.