cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CDB Error in SMP 2.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are having frequent issue with our SMP 2.3 system.

System is getting hung and SUP server is not able to connect CDB.

getting following error.

Anywhere]Connection was terminated (ODBC State = 08S01, Native error code = -308)
I. 2014-04-01 13:36:05. <Main> Reconnecting to the consolidated databaseE. 2014-04-01 13:41:06. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database
server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Connection was terminated (ODBC State = HY000, Native error code = -308)
I. 2014-04-01 13:41:06. <Main> Reconnecting to the consolidated databaseE. 2014-04-01 13:46:06. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated database
server or ODBC error: ODBC: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Connection was terminated (ODBC State = HY000,

In moca log we have following error.

Synchronization failed due to an error on the MobiLink server: [-10244]
The MobiLink server has encountered an error and the synchro I/MocaLog (28807):
com.ianywhere.ultralitejni16.implementation.JniException: UltraLiteJ
Error[-857]: Synchronization failed due to an error on the MobiLink
server: [-10244] The MobiLink server has encountered an error and the
synchro
I/MocaLog (28807):

SMP Version : SMP 2.3 SP03 PL01

Any suggestions on this??

Regards,

Mandar K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is caused usually by few issues:

1. Connections get dropped because of network problem where connections from MobiLink to the CDB are being Interrupted. So you need to monitor your network communications between the SUP nodes and the CDB and see if you see any interruption.

2.  The second issue usually where MobiLink is not able to connect to the CDB that could be SQL Anywhere ran out of worker threads usually that's the -gn  300 on the CDB configuration file for SQL Anywhere.

3. Third problem SQL Anywhere is configured to use -ti  0, that means a lot of connections if the network dropped them SQL Anywhere may leave these connections behind and if they have a lock on certain rows, the locks persist. So you need to change the -ti 0 to -ti <value-in-minute>, you can set it to -ti 5 or 15, it depends on what value works best to your environment.

Thank you

Ali_Chalhoub
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Here are few KBAs that can help you:

1. 2100559 to help you find the location of the -ti switch

2. 1946443 if you are running out of worker thread

Thank you

former_member188493
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please show us more of the MobiLink server log (the mlsrvxx.exe -o file)

What version of SQL Anywhere and the MobiLink server are you using?