Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSmobile - me53 - Table not displayed

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we are trying to configure ITSmobile for some standard transactions in our ECC 6 EHP6 system.

We are following the steps which are listed in help.sap.com link
(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/46/6d41e42dc56a58e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm) and also in http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-34935.

We have crated the internet service and templates in se80 and the service in sicf for transaction me53.

When we test the service in sicf the initial screen of me53 transaction opens in the browser (after successful login).

We give the pr number and the second screen is displayed but the table containing the results is missing. The rest of the screen is displayed correctly.

No error messages appear in the system logs.

After creating a SAP incident, the reply from SAP was that transaction me53 contains  a TableControl which is not supported by ITSmobile.

A number of standard transactions (like me54n, caps, trip which we also want to access from mobile devices) contain TableControls.

Does this mean that none of these standard transactions can be accessed via ITSmobile?

Is it possible to access transaction me53 from mobile devices using ITSmobile?

Or is there perhaps another alternative?

Please advise us on how to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards,
Eleni Kontogianni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Heleni,

Which kind of devices are you using?, I have experienced ME53n and ME23n on tablets (ipad and some with android OS and the way it worked fine was accesing directly to SAP vía citrix. no other application needed.

As far as I know, citrix can be used also in smartphones.

Regards,

Joel

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

we are trying to setup the services in order to use them with iPad/iPhone/Android tablets and smartphones.

Could you please elaborate on how you accessed SAP through citrix?

Do you mean something like a remote desktop through citrix?

Kind Regards,

Eleni

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eleni,

WEBGUI is supported for iPad and Android but it is dependent on the Browser being used and the SAP BASIS and Kernel being used.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/pam

has more information on this.

314568 - SAP GUI for HTML functionality / Limitations / Sp. Behaviour

• IOS Platform (iPad, iPhone)

Browser on the IOS behave different and lack
essential features the like Java runtime, navigation concepts like right mouse
click and double-click. A general release of the IOS platform is therefore not
possible. There are SAP transactions that work, others that do not work.

me53 or me54n are not the typical transactions that one would access using ITSMobile.

So you are correct - would not make sense to redevelop them as Z transactions for that type of access.

ITSMobile in general is not used by iPad/iPhone/Android tablets; but rather Industrial scanners like IBrowser (Intermec)

Mobile Devices and Browser - Wiki - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Oisin

Strikethrough Misleading information & add note information for #314568 Message was edited by: Oisin ONidh

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

I opened an OSS message because of some problems that we were facing with WEBGUI on iPads and the reply from SAP was "Technically we don't support the iPad/iPhone for WEBGUI.

(Same applies to Android). The iOS and Browser combination is not listed on PAM

Only MacOS not the iOS."

The recommendation from SAP was to use ITSmobile.

While following the instructions in help.sap.com it seemed like a pretty straight-forward procedure to make transactions available for mobile devices.

That is until we saw that the outcome was missing tables and buttons in some cases.

Is there another way to access standard transactions like me53 from mobile devices without redesigning them?

Kind Regards,

Eleni

0 Kudos

Eleni,

We also faced the same situation you describe accesing vía IPAD, at the begining sap launcher app was downloaded from apple store and had worked fine, but an iOS upgrade caused some inconsistence that SAP suddenly stoped working.

Regarding Citrix, sorry!!!.. I don't know much about how it must be implemented or installed, but it certainly works as a remote desktop tool. Here in the company it was installed in IPAD's / iPhone's and transactions like ME21N and QA32 work without problems.

Regards

Joel

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

as far as I know, citrix works as a secure remote desktop tool which enables you to work with SAP Gui.

Therefore, I suppose that all transactions work without any need for further configuration.

You mentioned that you use citrix access for iPhones as well.

Isn't the screen too small to use for Gui access?

Kind Regards,

Eleni

0 Kudos

Eleni,

You're right regarding screen size in iPhones to navigate in SAP, and it might be not friendly to navigate so complex transactions as ME53n or something alike.

Tablets seems to be better option.

Regards,

Joel

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

is there no other alternative for accessing standard transactions like me53 or me53n from tablets

without having to redesign the transaction or use citrix (which requires extra licenses)?

What about web services?

Could that be a way to provide access to standard transactions from mobile devices?

Kind Regards,

Eleni

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

I have not come accross this site before.

Does it provide solutions on demand?

BR,

Eleni

former_member194364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eleni,

Instead of table control, you can try use the ALV Grid, which is supported
by ITSMobile. However the features are also limited in comparison
to the WEBGUI.

SAP Note #1037715 for the currently supported elements
for ITS Mobile shows that this control is supported

Regards,

Oisin

eleni_kontoyanni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oisin,

thank you for your reply.

Our initial approach was to use WEBGUI but SAP does not provide technical support for its use in mobile devices (iPad/iPhone/Android) and therefore we began the test with ITSmobile.

You mentioned using the ALV Grid instead of table control.

That would require redesigning the transaction from scratch. Isn't that right?

Since it is a standard transaction that would not be an acceptable solution.

Is it necessary to redesign the standard transactions in order for us to use them from mobile devices through ITSmobile?

Kind Regards,

Eleni