Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not working after altering Model provider class

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a OData service and consumed it successfully. I was able to post data to it. Now after altering the "model class" i.e., adding one property and changing ABAP Dictionary type. After doing these changes but i couldn;t consume the service and get "500 Internal server".

Did anyone experience this problem? Please note i didnt use Service builder(SEGW) to create a project instead i did all manually using Model and Data provider classes.

Please suggest. Your help is appreciated.

Points will be awarded to helpful answers.

Regards

Prabaharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

Please try deleting cache using tcode:

/IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP

/IWBEP/CACHE_CLEANUP

Best regards,

Aakash

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your input. I tried but still same issue.

Prabaharan

former_member195242
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

Can you please check the error log and post here, what is the error that you get there:

TCode:

/IWFND/ERROR_LOG

/IWBEP/ERROR_LOG

Best regards,

Aakash

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try transaction code /IWFND/CACHE_CLEANUP as well. also look at

Regards,

Chandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AshwinDutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prabaharan,

This is a generic error at client side and there can be multiple reasons for it. This error is from the hub system and only way to check this error is to look into error log and application log in hub system.

Common Problems: property type errors (date, decimal/precision etc.)

But looking at the problem you are facing like Ron suggested you might get 500 internal server error because properties like data and time need to be defined nullable and you might have missed that.

Kindly check and mark fields as nullable if properties you are sending in the payload are null values.

lo_property->set_nullable( ).

Cache clean up is required only when you have done some changes to your model.

See the metadata and confirm if the new property added by you is present. if you are not able to see then do the following.

Try Clearing the cache using /n/iwbep/cache_cleanup and /n/iwfnd/cache_cleanup t-code.

Also clear server cache using /nsmicm t-code as shown below.

Regards,

Ashwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabaharan,

you can be pretty sure it is something you have (or have not) done, although SEGW doesn't always push model changes through properly.

It sounds like the problem is in the DPC, but to be sure, run the metadata feed; that will run the MPC only. If the feed works and you can see your new property, you need to look at the DPC side of things.

A 500 error is normally a data transformation error, e.g. date that is null in data content but not nullable in model, etc.

Regards

Ron.

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

I will try and let you know

Regards

Prabaharan