cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender JDBC to Receiver RFC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to configure an scenario of sender JDBC to receiver RFC wherein SAP PI will be pulling data from third party database (Oracle).

Since I am configuring such scenario of sender JDBC, I want help on every important key aspects/prerequisites of configuring sender JDBC adapter/channel. I want to understand about Database Connection, Processing Parameters, etc. details while configuring sender JDBC channel and their significance/relevance.

Also I need guidelines about the source data structure (message type or external definition) to be used/created in ESR.

How sender JDBC channel and receiver JDBC channel differs from each other?

Please guide me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Patil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

First of all you should read the sap.help documentation:

Configuring the Sender JDBC Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Configuring the Receiver JDBC Adapter - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP Library

Later, you can read Rajs's blog to advance concepts and perfomance

Finally, search the other blogs and documents in the SCN.

How sender JDBC channel and receiver JDBC channel differs from each other?

JDBC sender always does a poll to a DB table (with join some tables) in wich table you will need a field checkbox to mark the registers read, and the the receiver JDBC you can do a typical SQL construction like SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, etc. Both cases need the JDBC DB driver installed (check the SAP notes for this, also you can find some examples in the SCN:http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/8000cffc-6b92-2d10-3493-f2ac13992...  ).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

While configuring sender JDBC channel, what all (mandatory/essential/minimal) details we need to ask from third party w.r.t. Oracle databse?

Also while configuring receiver JDBC channel, what all (mandatory/essential/minimal) details we need to ask from third party w.r.t. Oracle databse?

How to go ahead with JDBC DB drivers installation in SAP PI? Who does it? How to do it? When to do it?

Are there any prerequisites to be taken care of in SAP PI's ABAP engine before configuring sender/receiver JDBC connection?

Can you provide further links to Rajs's blog to advance concepts and perfomance since above mentioned link is providing further links to further steps?

Thanks & Regards,

Amit Patil

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

How to go ahead with JDBC DB drivers installation in SAP PI? Who does it? How to do it? When to do it?

What is your PI version?, the way to install can be different depending of your PI version. For Pi 7.31:

The driver installation must be the first thing to do.

Also while configuring receiver JDBC channel, what all (mandatory/essential/minimal) details we need to ask from third party w.r.t. Oracle databse?

The mandatory fields are not depending of the database vendor. The mandatory fields are marked in the communication channel with a red asterisk (*)

Can you provide further links to Rajs's blog to advance concepts and perfomance since above mentioned link is providing further links to further steps?

You can use SCN search: Redirecting...

Are there any prerequisites to be taken care of in SAP PI's ABAP engine before configuring sender/receiver JDBC connection?

As far as i know there arent ABAP engine prerequisites.

Summing up, the driver installation and to check this installation (with an easy example) can be the harder part, at least for me

Regards.

Answers (0)