SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for retail store cycle count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

Would you have any experience/best practice in designing for cycle count process for your clients?

By cycle count, I mean for frequent counting (daily) for specific item category / exceptional count request.

My client want to implement a cycle count process to minimize the effort for full stock take which happen around 3 times per year.

They are using SAP as the core system to keep track of inventory, and using external store system, so some considerations would be on, for example:

- whether the count variance or counted quantity shall be interfaced back to SAP

- whether SAP should be the source to initiate a stock count process or POS initiate

It would be very nice if you can share some best practice as in the process flow, system information flow, etc.

Best regards

Dominic

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dom,

Please refer below link for detail on Cycle Count in SAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/c6/f848d14afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

BR

Ajaya Kr. Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Both can be done but as you say SAP is the core system at least for tracking inventories, better create and integrate inventories is SAP aswell.

The main advice I would give is to avoid specific tables for inventory integration because standard tables and specific won't be updated well sometimes and support would be needed, stick on standard transactions.

If the inventory is centralised in SAP, you can for example count them with PDA, send to SAP connectors your counting which will be integrated from a xml file transformed in a Idoc for SAP.

One parameter is important to consider as the freeze for inventory. You have to decide if you take into account any stock movement that could occur after your inventory creation or not. If you do, the variance after the counting will depend on the initial stock value and also the movement.

If you don't, the variance will only take into account your initial stock value withotu considering the stock movement.

Hope it helps you,

Génia.