cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancing the mapping and structure of the Standard ESR objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the standard software component version delivered by SAP, we need to update the structure of the standard RFC and message mapping as well.

In our requirement, both standard sender and receiver message structures needs to be changed.

- Can you please advice on how to enhance the standard PI objects like RFC imported object and graphical message mapping?

- We have created a new software component version and added the standard software component version as a subordinate. Is this correct?

- If we need to make the standard SWCV as subordinate on the new SWCV, can we modify the RFC messages and message mapping directly from the new SWCV?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

I would recommend you to copy the original SAP objects in ESR to your own SWCV. It is clear then by the namespace that you're working with modified objects and not with SAP standard. I doubt that you can change objects in subordinated components at all.

Another option would be a release transfer, but I would not recommend it in this case, since it was not made for that purpose. Simply copy the objects and modify them afterwards.

However, copying an RFC structure and modifying it doesn't make much sense. Better change the RFC on the ABAP system (by copying it to a Z-method, for example) and then import it into your own SWCV. If you kept close to the original structure, your should be able to reuse much of the original mapping. (I hope I understood your requirements correctly.)

Regards,

Jörg

Answers (0)