cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the role of PI developer in Upgradation?

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

There is a proposal for upgrading PI from 7.11 to 7.31. I have not worked in upgradation project before. So can anyone please tell me what is the role of a PI developer and what are the activities that i need to do?

Regards,

Lavanya R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

After upgrade you have to do readiness check in PI system.

1. Check JAVA stack status by executing sxmb_ifr tcode

2. Check HTTP and RFC connections using sm59 tcode

3. Test the HTTP services using SICF tcode

4. Test SLD connections by executing SLDCHECK tcode.

5. Test connectivity of  ESR by executing sproxy tcode in PI

6. Test connectivity between ID and ESR

7. Test connectivity between ESR and SLD

8. Adapter monitoring- Communication channels

9. Check Queue registration

10. Check Cache connectivity

11. Check Delete and Archive Background Jobs

12. Check parameters of Integration engine using sxmb_adm tcode

13. Check for Alerts.

It would be better if you take screen shots of all above mentioned activities before PI system upgrade and also take screen shots of all communication channels parameters.

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for the reply. What will happen to the existing interfaces?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

If you are upgrading to dual stack then it would not have major impact on existing interfaces. Safer side take a back up of all interfaces.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for your replies. It is planned to have dual stack only.

Currently, basic adapters are being used for scenarios. And there is one BPM scenario present.

So, once the upgrade is done, should anything additional be done for BPM scenario or can it be handled like other interfaces?

Will the upgrade happen one by one in the landscape?

Regards,

Lavanya R

Message was edited by: Lavanya R

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If its dual stack to dual stack.. no need to do any thing with the existing BPM.

The upgrade is not interface wise but yes you may need to check each and every object.

The upgrade starts from Dev , then to Quality and lastly to prod..

Thanks

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

No need to do any additional settings for BPM after upgrade. It works as like your 7.1

>>Will the upgrade happen one by one in the landscape?

yes, in general upgrade happen one by one starting from Development.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Apart from what mentioned by KRUPA RAO, I would like to put a point that role of PI developer varies if its not inplace upgrade. In that case it would be migration. But yes that should be only in the case if you are going for a single stack.

But in inplace upgrade you need to find out the scope of optimization and may need to put effort on tunning of mappings and redesigning.

@Krupa: Nice "collection of activities"...

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Recently I have worked on one of the upgrade project from PI 7.1 to 7.31 dual stack .As per my experience below are sufficient.

After BASIS handovers system to PI team .(Usually BASIS will do the upgrade by increasing the patch level.In this approach there wont be much issues post upgrade)

1)Perform health checks as above said .

2)Thorough interface level pipe cleaning(testing) ****(Each interface level thorough testing). Fixing the issues if any .

We faced very few issues like couple of modules didn't worked as expected redeployed once again then started working .

Couple of connectivity issues.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi .... in simple words, except developing  interfaces right from scratch you need to do all the other acitivites that you do in developing projects.   Here you need to migrate interfaces to ensure the business functionality works as before.  you may need to re-design interfaces in some cases.

-Subbu

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to do some activities like stopping channels,deregistering queues,releasing transports etc before the upgrade.

for more you can check this note 817920