Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Filter values not readable

florian_weigold
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a Work Manager 5.3 installed on Android. On a List Tile View, I enabled the Filter option to allow users to narrow data using the built-in filter popup where you select the column, comparison method and filter value. In the popup, the values appear in black font on dark grey background.

Haven't found a place yet, where the colors to be used for that dropdown can be changed since it is a built-in popup. The selection lists for the columns and comparison method appear readable in black on light grey. It is only the values that appear different. See screenshot below:

Can someone help me out by pointing me to the right direction?

Best regards,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Florian,

5 suggestions or ideas:

1) Work Manager 5.3 was released with an older version of Agentry. Did you try upgrading Server + Android Client + Editor to the latest? 

2) Also did you try changing the theme of your Android to see if it makes a difference?

- Android bug ANDROID-2122 (Application's menu's popup menu does not match color scheme)

3) Try checking all the styles selection like Field Style "FieldLabel" and try setting "Default" background.

4) Due to you are using Android and not IOS there were a lot of color fixes in iOS that will be released in 6.0.40 tied to iOS7 filter dialog, and others. 6.0.40 still in QA today supposed to be released soon.

5) A few more color changes in SMP 3.0 area (Agentry 7'ish) tied to consistency.

Those are the only thing I know about colors and popup based on what I can see.

Hopefully 1 of them works for you.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

florian_weigold
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

good thoughts! See my questions / findings below:

1) Working on the hotfix release 6.0.38.7 Server/Editor on 6.0.38.1

2) Is the Theme settings on the "Application" level effective on Android too? I could not find the Theme Menu on iOS and Android clients, that is available in ATE and the Win32 clients.

3) The Styles on the Platform of the ScreenSet are all set to Default. On the Screen itself, also all on Default. The ListTileView has a "Label" style set on the "Field Definition" area, but that are different colors than how it appears in the value dropdown, so this should not be the issue. On the "List Tile View Data /Styles" area, there are custom styles set, but they also don't have the dark background and black foreground colors defined how the value dropdown appears.

4) Are these fixes also applied similarly on Android side?

5) Ok, unfortunately won't help here...

Hope you or someone from the team has more suggestions.

Best regards and have a great weekend ahead,

Florian

Message was edited by: Florian Weigold. Corrected client version number

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For item 4: Our SAP Android team and iOS team are different. I believe they should work together but sometimes one exist in one platform and it does not on another. So if this is an issue on Android and we point to the iOS fix then internally they will try to work together to fix and merge the code.

What I specified above is what I can see right now. Wait til 6.0.40 comes out (really soon like in days - supposed to be today but I guess there are more testing happening in QA today) and see if you got better results.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer