cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue while installing web dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to install web dispatcher , i am facing a issue in SAP host agent.could you please help me resolve this issue.

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 3 > Standalone Engines > Web Dispatcher > Web Dispatcher Installation( Last error reported by the step: Installation of SAP host agent using command "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW703\STANDALONE\AS\WI\hostagent\saphostexec.exe" -upgrade failed with return value 1. Output was:
Upgrade service [OK] No upgrade necessary [ERROR] Open of service SAPHostExec failed ( The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Above is error

Regards,

Manoj J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Both,

issue has been resolved .  i have started saphostagent via command saphostagent -install.

it started host control.

Thank you

could you please let me steps after installing sap web dispatcher in standalone system and how map it to HTTP request.

Regards,

Manoj J

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

As the issue is resolved please close this thread.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Please start the saphostagent using the command below

/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/saphostexec -restart pf=/usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/host_profile

Retry the installation and post the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if the SAPHostExec service is running, if its not start it. If you cannot find the service then you'll need to install it

Also, this is windows, so if the service exist restart it.

Regards, Juan