cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI on high DPI screens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a high DPI laptop and have found that SAPGUI is doesn't like it very much:

As you can see above... SAPGUI is tiny...

I found this post but it looks like a real hack to SAP GUI: How to use SAP GUI on a Surface Pro 2…no magnifying glass required! | The Hex Word

Does anyone know if this issue is a common one (or is it just me doing something stupid)? And is SAP working on fixing it? I am using SAP GUI 7.3 Patch 8 (7300.3.8.1084)

Thanks

Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

note "2106323 - SAP GUI for Windows: DPI scaling of the Windows will be supported" gives the answer

Kind regards,
Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OSS note says that high DPI scaling will be switched on by default from pl03. Having just installed pl03 I can confirm this. Finally SAPgui is readable at default font sizes on my 11" 1920x1080 Windows tablet

Steve.

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you tried running any GUI transaction from NWBC? I installed SAPGUI 7.4 PL3 as well as NWBC PL6 and all GUI screens rendered within NWBC are double in size. It must have to do with scaling. Previously it worked just fine in NWBC. So now stand-alone GUI works without any hacks but NWBC does not.

Cheers,

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, we don't use NWBC here so I don't have it installed. Sorry!

Steve.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

victor_dalchiele
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I always had the same problem but it seems to me that today I found the temporaly solution, I leave the link:

https://hexword.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/how-to-use-sap-gui-on-a-surface-pro-2-no-magnifying-glass-r...

(surface pro 4 + sapgui)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confirm also confirm that there are several issues with SAPGUI 740 with patch level 5.

Today I've installed patch 5 hotfix 1
(SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 PL 05 Hotfix 1 (note 1489891) released on 29.10.2015,
but still have issues with font size 9.
Also I discovered one more issue with Editor fields:

LutzR
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maratkuls. This sapedit error popup is related to note 2192210. SAP does not package two controls with  GUI 7.40 Compilation 2 anymore. I consider this was a bad idea.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you!
Already found solution but still have issue with Screen Painter and font size 9, hope it will be fixed soon!

debdonohoe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Also seeing issue with screen painter and inconsistent font sizes.  I can select 9, 10, or 11 point fonts in the options and it seems that screen painter will use a font slightly larger and of a different type than the one that is set.  For example, I may set Lucida Console, 9 for Monospaced and Tahoma, 9 for Proportional and then I'll see what looks like Arial monospaced 10 or 11 (slightly larger).

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This cannot work with 7.30 gui.

See note  

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2106323

david_kramp2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have 7.4 installed

Makc1990
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, experts!

I have notebook with 1920x1080 DPI and SAP Logon 7.40 with note 2106323 (pl03) installed.

When I start SAP logon front size is set to 11. But in PFTC have issue with icon visualisation.

With front size 9 it's ok, but text is too small to read.

Does anyone know about solution?

Kind regards

david_kramp2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I too am seeing this issue. I have installed the latest GUI patch and the latest NWBC 5, as I have a brand new Lenovo Carbon , Win OS 7 professional. I also have the resolution 1920x1080 as well. When I open NWBC, I see decent text scaling. However, when I open a HTML GUI transaction from within it, I get all sorts of too large and or too small text and or icons. Any ideas where I should look to fix this issue???

see example screenshot of ME51N inside of NWBC

kadudura
Participant
0 Kudos

The same issue still relevant for SAP GUI 7.40 PL 2 HF 1.

But "hacker" method still works.

Thank you for the URL.

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Please refer to note

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/26417

From note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/525936

FAQ

[3] Question: What are the requirements of the SAP GUI?

Answer: Note 26417 contains information about the requirements

(softwareand hardware) of the different SAP GUI versions. Please note

that the SAP GUI should run at least with a resolution of 800x600 in

Classic and 1024x768 in New Visual design (this is only valid

for "normal" font sizes). If you use a large font you need a higher

resolution. You can check this by setting the default size of the SAP

GUI: Go to Options-Menu (ALT + F12) -> default size. It is mandatory,

that this "SAP GUI default size" can be set.)

Using lower resolutions than this can cause screen mix-ups (double

scroll-bars for example). Also, important are the memory requirements of

the GUI, the requirements in the note, are based on a user using 3

sessions, 1 internet browser and 1 email program, if a user uses

additional programs (anti virus, office bar included), more memory is

required.

Jude

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jude,

your answer answers the opposite of the original question...

he has a veryhigh resolution and everything looks tiny. he does not have very low resolution.

Martin Runz has the right answer (see below, SAP note 2106323)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I notice that a new patch (9) is available for SAP GUI 7.30

I wonder if it fixes this issue? Perhaps knows? Or can shed some light on if/when this will be fixed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see any mention of it in the list of SAP notes, see below.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm running SAPgui on a Windows tablet with exactly the same problem. An 11" full HD (1920x1080) screen produces really small text without scaling

Changing the font size to 12pt from 8pt works nicely (thanks ) but it would be nice if SAPgui dealt with scaling properly, or at least didn't claim it did when it didn't.

To be fair, SAPgui isn't the only app I use that works sub-optimally on a high DPI screen.

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem.

Hope SAP fixes it

Currently you can overcome this by changing the font size of your SAP GUI

under SAP Logon (Top left hand corner)-> Options -> Visual Design -> font settings (increase the font size)

Rgds

Moses

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the work around Moses, that will do for now, but I hope SAP fix this soon.