cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between PCTR and CCTR in SRM7.02

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello

Can anyone please tell me the difference between PCTR and CCTR.  I assume that the PCTR also behaves as a central contract if you distribute them and it will go thro PI.   Is there any restriction to have the PCTR as a central contract?  is there any differences in these two contract document types in the SRM 7.02?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

In fact, types CCTR and PCTR both belongs to central contract. CCTR is standard transaction types for central contract. There is no difference of technical design between their distribution.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ivy Li...

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before SRM 7.0 there were two Contract types:

PCTR - local conrtact in SRM for using in SRM as source of supply and

GCTR - global outline agreements which is distributed to ERP and used in ERP only as souce of supply.

As of SRM 7.0 CCTR - central contract was intoduced with a comination of GCTR and PCTR in terms of function and this can be used as source of supply in both SRM and ERP systems.

The main difference is that it uses new ESOA services for distribution and updation.

If the client doesnt have XI/PI then WSRM process can be used to  transfer Contracts from SRM to eCC. Please find the beneth link below for more information.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/06/13/transfer-of-central-contract-from...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know GCTR and CCTR .. my question is PCTR has the same option (even you can distribute the PCTR contract) as CCTR.  Why cant I use the PCTR as a central contract and distribute the same PCTR to ECC (without creating CCTR type there in ECC).  I don't see any technical or functional problem here when using PCTR..  do you disagree???

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a slight difference in between the CCTR and PCTR.

PCTR is created in SRM and valid as local source of supply. In other words it is valid only for local and Extended classic scenario.

However, CCTR works first as local SRM contract and can be distributed on item and purchasing organization basis to one or multiple SAP ERP backend systems. The leading contract for price determination is is the SRM contract. The distributed contract in ERP is also read only (changes only via SRM central contract) but regarding source of supply determination it behaves like a contract created directly in MM.

I hope this will help. For settings please check note, 1268821.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CCTR-central contract, by distributing this contract you can use this as a source of supply in SRM as well as in ERP

PCTR-is SRM contract, can use as source of supply in SRM

GOA - is ERP contract, can use as source of supply in ERP

Regards,

kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please check the following post. it may be helpful.

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1653756

thanks.

From RBEI,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.. the discussion in that link is bit confusing.   it says only way to identify the central contract is CCTR type.  I don't think so.. It sees Ivy is correct that PCTR and CCTR behaves
in the same manner.  Do you think the PCTR cannot be distributed and used like central contract in ERP?

Thanks

raj

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI raj ,

From what I  understand

When the SRM system transmits the data of the SRM central contract to the ERP system, it also transfers the document type. The standard document type for distributed contracts in SAP SRM is CCTR. This document type must also exist in SAP ERP. For this reason, define this document type in Customizing for Materials Management, under   Purchasing >> Contract>>  Define Document Types  .

So basically For the contracts created and used in ECC it is PCTR . This is what my understanding says Please refer to the link as below

or in other words CCTR is a subset of PCTR

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/17/8b6dda618e4208b3a71782b25badb1/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.. so, there will be no problem in distributing the PCTR from SRM to PCTR ERP , correct?

and PCTR will work the same way as CCTR

Regards

Raj

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I checked some documentation, and from my understanding, they behaved in the same way.

Regards,

Ivy