cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US GTS system use by European affiliates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are a global company and our GTS system is US based. Currently, only US SAP systems are connected to GTS. Other SAP systems from Europe would like to use GTS functionality. However, we would like to validate that there is no legal requirements in EU countries to have the GTS system physically located in Europe.

I know of scenrios where the GTS server located in Europe is used by US companies. However, is anyone working with the reverse scenario  - US GTS system used by European affiliates as well ?

Thanks.

Beejoy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

If you are asking about Customs (Import / Export) operations...

All EU Member States operate under one single Legal Regulation for Customs Management.  That regulation (EU Regulation 2454/1993) does not impose any requirement on the location of traders' software system.

Some Member States require traders to use accredited software for the submission of Customs Declarations, and others generally grant approval based on the combination of software and user processes through physical audit.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave.

This is very helpful.

Regards,

John Beejoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dave,

I guess there should be no such restrictions for Vendors/Suppliers/Employee SPL Screening as well.

Correct me if there would be any such restrictions for physical location of the GTS server.

Thanks and regards,

John, Beejoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beejoy,

No. I don't think there are any restrictions for SPL screening as well in terms of location of the server.

We have our GTS system located in US and we are using it extensively for EU. So, I don't see any issues.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Thanks for confirming this.

Best regards,

Beejoy John

Answers (0)