cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation dashboard for tasks: setting a default layout in view for all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

do you know the way to configure a default view for All users in the Confirmation dashboard?

As you know, in PPM 5.0 is possible to save, for a dashboard (Ex: Items, Tasks, etc) a certain layout to be applicable to all users. So this way, you can create a default view (Ex: Initial view) preconfigured for all users.

You can do this by accesing the corresponding screen in Admin mode, just by adding the sufix "&sap-config-mode=x"  to the URL of the screen. So that it opens in Admin mode, and among other things (like hiding / adjusting the properties of fields on screen), it is possible to configure a dashboard view layout (with Settings -> Save As..) and then the Assignment is All (applicable to all users; the normal one is User)

But I can't use this procedure with the confirmation dashboard. I can do it with the rest of dashboards, and also in My Tasks view, but when selecting a task and open the confirmation dashboard, it is not opened in admin mode. If I then try to then add the sufix to the URL (https://....clientserver.../sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/cprojects_fpm&sap-config-mode=x) it returns an error screen saying the WD does not exist (Web Dynpro application CPROJECTS_FPM_SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X does not exist). So that I cannot use this same procedure to set the default view to all users for Confimation of Tasks

Do you know if there is any additional way to do this? Maybe I am doing something wrong here?

Thanks in advance for your guidance here

kind regards, Roberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TudorRiscutia
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

For customizing inside cProjects (CPROJECTS_FPM), you cannot directly add the "sap-config-mode=X", because it's a different URL. You'll have to press the Favorites Button/Add to browser. There you'll get the complete URL for the application. Just COPY+PASTE that in another tab and add the config mode parameter. Go to the dashboard and perform the necessary changes.

Hope it works!

Tudor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Tudor.

I can follow your guidance, but only from inside a project, since here is the only place where I see the Add to Favorites button. I can then open the project in configuration mode, but I do not see the way to navigate from here (project) to the confirmation dashboard, that is what I am looking for (open confirmation dashboard in admin mode so that I can set Settings and Define a view for all users)

From the project component configuration, I even can open the configuration mode for the confirmation dashboard (see below), but how do I get from here to the confirmation dashboard wiew?

What I am looking for is to create a dashboard view that I can assign to all users when Save As..

I can do this in all project dashboards, even the Tasks dashboard, but not in the Task Confirmation dashboard.

thanks, Roberto

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rhuben007
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

May I ask how did you configure the project and task dashboard,

I can only change the items and bucket dashboards as per the instructions here:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1850232

but I can't seem to find the ones for projects and tasks

Thanks,

James

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Unless I have misunderstood your question, I think Tudor's answer above already covers one way how you can reach the administrator configuration mode for project and tasks.

Best regards
Francesco

rhuben007
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

I tried to follow Lashan's instructions from the link I provided after posting the reply and it worked. thanks for the concern and help too

-James