Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue With E-mail id number in customr master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a question regarding e-mail functionality in customer master

I am trying  to add e-mail address ( communication in address tab ) e-mail function available in customer master.

But when delete one e-mail id system generating the next id number automatically.

Which is not required.

Delete an  e-mail and save the customer master it is creating new number id.

Can any one tell how to restrict this.

Thanks in advance

PBR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But when delete one e-mail id system generating the next id number automatically.

I did get the above statement. Please give some more details?

when i deleted the same in my customer it is not doing so in my test system.

thanks,

Srinu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

hasan_ahmed1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PBR,

I have done on my system, It's keep on increased by 1 number when delete and add new mail id.

You have two options. 1. Del the mail and adding new mail id but which don't have control on id number.

2. Without deleting mail id, Just change the mail id, ID number remains same. Already this has proposed  by KS Anand Kumar.

Update on forum, If you have got the solution.

Thank$

Hidayath

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PB Reddy,

Instead of deleting the Mail id and ID number, you can directly change the Mail Id in the same field without deleting the Line so that you will maintain the New Mail Id with Old Id number.

Please try once and update me.

Check the attached screenshots for your reference.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Yes, You are right but we can not restrict the user by giving this advice. Some times it might happens.We need old id number how we get it back !

Thanks

PBR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any update on this

Thanks

PBR

former_member184966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PB Reddy,

I hope my last discussion helps you. If not please update the reason.

Anandkumar KS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I already explain the reason, that we can restrict user by giving the advice.They may delete the e-mail.We have to provide correct solution for this.

Thanks

PBR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Any findings in this issue

Regards

PBR

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes thats right the system obviously creates next ID number.

please can you confirm whether you are taking this iD number in any analysis or some other purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Siva,

I want to change new mail id to deleting old id number to send an e-mail of an invoice PDF  for example to new person e-mail in presence of old ID for the existing customer master record. We already consider in output program for first ID number to pull the email id which we maintain earlier.in this case system can get old ID number for for pull the email id.If we delete the old id number.

Thanks

PBR

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can ask your abaper to consider Address number and pass the same to table ADR6 to fetch the Mail id.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

How its possible we keep on changing the e-mail id in customer master.Program can fetch always new number created here!.First we have to analyze why new id are generating?where the old id are destroying.

Thanks

PBR

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its common in companies of frequently changing the mail id of the customers,thats the reason you need not consider the ID number but instead you can go for Adress number which remains same even if you change the Mail id.

in the invoice mail programme the Abaper can include the Logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even it is first mail but id number taken as 006. because already deleted up to 005 id's.

Thanks

PBR

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pb,

You are right. I will check how to get it .

Regards,

Madhu.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

What is number id ?

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

For example if we maintained email as dummy@1-------id number generate as  001,

dummy@2--- id number is  002. Delete the both e-mail ids and then enter new e-mail system give the new id number i.e 003. which should not be required for requirement we need the again serial number id i.e 001 and 002 for adding new e-mail.

Thanks

PBR

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PB,

As you said i tried

1) d@gmail 2) k@gmail. Then i deleted and saved xd02. Then come back again to xd02 it is showing 001 only. Please try.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

After saving master record you please re-open and observe that the id number will change.

Check and let me know

Thanks

PBR

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pb,

I have seen it. It is 001 with no value.

Regards,

Madhu.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i do tested. As Madhu said even i do getting the 001 only. Can you check once again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu & Madhu

When you maintain e-mail again it is will show 001 after saving it will be changed number  the numbers you deleted it will generate next number. Example 001,002 if you deleted it generate new number i.e 003 for the Fresh E-mail after saving re-check it. please check once again.

Thanks

PBR