Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Project from previously deployed code

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a procedure for importing deployed custom WebDynpro code from the J2EE Engine into a project in the NWDS? I understand that the original project can be exported from NWDS and saved, but what can be done if the original project zip file is unavailable?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gianluca,

Thanks for the response. I am relatively new to the Java side,(I am an ABAP guy) so I may need a little deeper explanation.

I did create this as a DC, but I am not sure about the source + archive option, any way to tell after the fact? If I did not use this option, can I activate it?

Also, is there any documentation on how to restore, or if it is simple, can you describe the steps?

Thanks again for the help.

Todd

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

if you have installed the JDI on J2EE Engine you could read this:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/03/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">NWDI Administration</a>

and in particular the creation of a Track in Development Environment:

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/03/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">Creating a Development Track</a>

In the Landscape Configurator, when you Adding your SC, you can set the Type of it (selecting <b>Source and Archive</b>).

Only with this prerequisite you could tranfert on the server also the source code of your DCs.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

it's not possible to restore the source code from server, because when you create an WD archive (*.ear) it's deployed only, but not the associated source files.

PS: award points for helpful answers.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile

todd_fisher
Explorer
0 Kudos

So if I understand correctly, if the developer loses the project file, there is no way to ever modify an application deployed to the server. Right?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todd,

if you haved developed project locally and not-DC like you can't restore the source code.

With DC if you create project with the source + archive option you may be restore your source code in cases like this.

Best regards,

Gianluca Barile