cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA DB - Sizing Script as per the note 1514966

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to execute the HANA sizing report to get an estimated required size for HANA as per the note 1514966.

the report can be executed in two ways

The scripts can be used in two different modes:

- without parameter: the names of all active tables of the NetWeaver system along with their database size (in MB) will be written to a file "TableSize.txt" which also contains the sum of all table sizes.

- with a filename as parameter: the file should contain a list of tables that are to be replicated (one table name per row, no blanks). Only for those tables which can be found both in the file and in the database (as active tables of the NetWeaver system) the script writes the table names and their respective database sizes to the file "TableSize.txt".

The first part " Without parameter": runs fine, and it gives the output like following for a database of 2.5TB (ECC Database Uncompressed running AIX DB2)

RowStore Tables [GB]         ColumnStore Tables [GB] Total Size [GB]

-------------------- ----------------------- --------------- -----------------------------------------------

512.15                 1165.12                            1677.27        

can i assume 1783.32 is the required size of HANA memory for migration.

RowStore   Tables                ColumnStore          Tables Total Tables

--------------- ------------------ ------------ --- --------------- --------------- --------------- ------------

2192                          87524                    89716

also i am not able to run this report against some specific tables as per the following from the note

with a filename as parameter: the file should contain a list of tables that are to be replicated (one table name per row, no blanks). Only for those tables which can be found both in the file and in the database (as active tables of the NetWeaver system) the script writes the table names and their respective database sizes to the file "TableSize.txt".

Let me know if some does has an experience with this report.

- - Kishore

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

muzavor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kishpre,

The report provides the memory footproint of the data on HANA after migration. This has to be taken into considered while planning for the HANA Appliance.

When we specify the parameter it has to be ensured that the tables exists in the source DB. The report is only run against the tables that are mentioned in the file provided in the parameter. Kindly check if the tables mentioned  should be active tables of the NetWeaver system.

regards

Arshad

kishore_kumar59
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arshad

Thanks for the update,

Yes we are planning for HANA appliance,

Yes the tables area active in the database and i did check.

Regards

Kishore