Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to disable the debug console

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have to disable the functionality of debug console in deployed models.

can anybody please tell me what to do to turn off the "ctrl-shift-D" functionality.

regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

The Add Flash debugging console option can be activated/deactivated from Compiler tab of the Options dialog box.

In VC go to => Tools => Options ... => Compiler. Uncheck "Add Flash debugging console" and re-deploy the model.

Best regards,

Martin

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

sorry, I forgot to explicitly mention the obvious....

I do have checked and un-checked the "add Flash.." in the options, however with no result whatsoever regarding the mentioned function.

had anybody have the same problem? Has anybody out there a working solution? May be some tricky coding in css-files?

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

do not forget to RE-DEPLOY the models after you unchecked the option "add Flash debugging console".

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin, just to make sure. You are not talking about the flash debugging console, but about the functionality of pressing Strg-Shift-D to start debug trace and Strg-Shift-D to stop debug trace and dump to clipboard, right?

I don't think it's css coding, because we had this feature working and "all of a sudden" no longer working. So I think it is maybe some setting in visual administrator or portal administration? I haven't found out so far, I'm sorry.

Best Regards, Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

it is still the flash debugging console. Meanwhile I found out that there are three ways to switch on the flash debug console:

1) The setting "Add flash debuggin console" in option menu of VC

2) You can turn the flash debugging console on by pressing CtrlShiftD on the Visual Composer iView. To turn it off use the same key combination.

3) An alternative is to add the string &__DEBUGMODE__=true at the end of the iView-URL.

Unfortunately, I could not find out how to disable the debug console entirely.

Best regards,

Martin

martin_wolpers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Martin,

it is NOT the console, it is the debug trace (i.e. the ctrl-shift-D- function, just like benji mentioned).

meanwhile i found out that there is an htm file in J2EE used from action scripts. there the function of the flash debug trace is defined.