cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the entity type for Material description (medium) in MDG-M?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can anyone please guide me the entity type for Material description (medium) in MDG-M?

Regards,

Tushar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193063
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar ,

Material Description comes in Entity Material with Attributes TXTMI ..

Thanks

Nikhilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Nikhil. I found out the same while debugging. But sincerely appreciate your input.

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

no need for debugging though ... we created for all domains a field-mapping xls that is published on SCN. It contains also information on the names and usage in

• data model
  • UI
  • search
  • service message

For MM / material master the link is Data Model Metadata (Material) , for all other domains search for "Metadata" since the list or extensibilty guides is quite long in the meantime

Best regards,

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks a lot. You are everywhere... 🙂

Sincerely appreciate your input.

Regards,

Tushar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am struggling to find the entity for material description uibb in MDGM 7.

I need to create a custom flex entity with the same features ( language key, language description ) but I cannot follow the standard approach. Could you please give me a hint here?

Thank you,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am checking the link attached but there is no entry for TABLE MAKT - UI Asignment block DESCRIPTIONS.

How can I create, therefore, my custom flex entity with the same structure?

Thanks,

Javier

Former Member
0 Kudos

In v7, Material texts are stored as multi-language descriptions of the entity MATERIAL. This uses a base feature of the MDG framework, which allows every entity to have texts (short / middle / long) associated.

In transaction MDGIMG, go to "Data Model", select model MM. Double click on entity MATERIAL. You see the settings there.

Sadly, this nice feature has had some bugs in the past, so be sure to use v7SP05 or better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment, Jurgen.

The Language-Dep. Texts checkbox is only feasible for entities type 1-2.

My custom entity is type 4 since it holds a list table. How can I fix this?

Regards,

Javier.

Answers (0)