cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to bill together a FERT material and service item.

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have request from the user where in they want to bill together a service and fert material.

Scenario.

1. Sales order creation with material one FERT and other service ITEM.

2. Delivery creation for both item. Stock should be reduced for FERT item and system should not ask for stock for service item.

Single PGI document for both.

3, Single billing for both FERT and service item.

Please confirm is it possible to implement.

Any guidance is highly welcomed.

Regards

Jalaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jalaj

It is possible u can process FERT item and service item in the same billing document,

System will determine pricing for FERT item only

Control is there in Item category VOV7 for the service item TATX pricing not relevant.

So you can do this with standard process.

Thanks

Yuvaraj.

0 Kudos

Dear Yuvraj,

I need to bill for service also. Without pricing service item has no relevance.

I am offering a material and crane for hire. Now i want to bill together both in single document.

former_member245533
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be achieve like below:

When you use FERT item in sales order, item category is TAN (or any customized as you use in your sales order) which is relevant for pricing as well as billing too. The schedule line which is aligned with this item category is relevant for availability check and stock should exist in you plant.

When you use service item (DIEN), the relevant item category is TAD (or any customized as you use in your sales order) which is also relevant for pricing as well as order related billing. Here you can change the item category in your sales order manually as TAW (by determination of item category in VOV4) and that will get copy in to delivery (no stock require for this), PGI accounting will post for FERT only and both the items will get copy in to billing and accounting.

Regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks shailendra. Your solution totally works.

Made my day ... thanks a ton

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jalaj,

First of all ask to you one question about your scenario, for service material service tax is applicable or not ?

If service tax applicable for service material then must be check your pricing procedure for this process.

This is possible in the system,

For your service material do not assign movement type in your assigned schedule line.

At the time of creation delivery system does not not check stock about your service material.

For your FERT material process will be same as per SAP standard functionality.

Thanks

Arun

0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely give it a try . Yes service tax is applicable on service.

I have to bill together material and service ( Crane hire charges )

User wants separate material code for Crane Hire.

I just have one question .

For example i remove the mvt from schedule line category for service item so system will not ask for stock. But whether the system will allow me to PGI ?

Will i'll be able bill them together ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jalaj,

Yes, Stock is require, You can generate customer stock against sales order.

Thanks

Arun

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. Delivery creation for both item. Stock should be reduced for FERT item and system should not ask for stock for service item.

Single PGI document for both.

Yes delivery will be created for both FERT and Text items and system would reduce the stock to FERT item only not for Text item(TATX) because at the time creating sales order it self for text line item qty would be Zero so at the time of PGI system will not reduce any qty.this is standard only.

Please note for text items we don't maintain the material master and order qty also you can observe is in grey mode.

And coming into billing why you want bill the text item? usually in standard for text items the pricing is not relevant this you can observe in the definition of TATX(VOV7).

And finally you can combine the both the materials in single billing.

1. Goto VF04 select order related billing and delivery related billing or

2. by entering vf01 enter the delivery and order and try to save it.

Please check the above and let me know your results.

thanks,

Srinu.

0 Kudos

Dear Srini,

I need to use service item and not text item.

Since in need to bill together both service and FERT.

Is it possible to maintain pricing for Text item ? I am not sure same can be done.