cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry on Android: How to force update of Data and Complex Tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using Agentry 6.1.4.179 on Android. In the Agentry Editor there is the option to allow users to check for table updates manually on sync (see screenshot below). The WinCE client has that option, too. However, there is no way to manually check for table updates in the Android client, no matter if the option in the editor is enabled or disabled.

How is this planned to work on Android?

Regards,

Christoph

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Christoph,

I agree with you that this option should be present on the Android client menu options.  You should open a change request with Agentry support to request that this gets added.  As a work-around: Keep those editor settings set to "Always Check" when you are in dveelopment mode, and switch them back to "Once per week" in your production environment.  Users can also clear their client using the reset feature and re-load all their data.  This will obviously force all DT and CT tables to reload.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

A different option you can also do while the client doesn't have the option is create a transaction that would create a flag somewhere where the backend end can access it (depends on your backend) and on the complex tables check to see if the flag was checked and keep the time stamp when the table was last built.

Then in the Complex Table Reload (Script or function) you can check this holder and see if the user requested the complex table updates and check the timestamp of when it was last updated to see if it needs to be updated again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason, hi Steve,

thanks for your helpful answers. I hope this will be fixed in a future client version.

Regards,

Christoph

Answers (0)