cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use SXMB_MONI at receiving SAP system when using AAE?

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Async scenario:

SOAP -> PI -> SAP R/3   

The PI configuration for this scenario uses AAE.

I know in PI I cannot use SXMB_MONI when using AAE. But still can I use SXMB_MONI to check message received in SAP R/3 system? That is, in Receiving SAP system can I use SXMB_MONI tcode?

Thanks

Gopla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I want to point your comment:

I know in PI I cannot use SXMB_MONI when using AAE

This is not true, you can use sxmb_moni when you use the ICO object. With the ICO object you only work at adapter level (java stuck), this is the reason because the sxmb_moni is developed in the ABAP sutck, but if you use the classical configuration (RD,ID,SA,RA), the AAE will call to IE (abap stuck) and you can monitor with that transaction.

Indrajit has pointed a well explanation, i only want to add the reason, and it is that the ECC has different protocols to communicate, with the proxy runtime is the only way to monitor with that transaction because the other ways use a different protocols and they dont use the IE pipeline for that, they have their own queues.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

If you are connecting to ECC system using  abap proxy ( SOAP with HTTP protocol), then you will be will be able to see the messages in SXMB_MONI in ECC.

But if you have connected to ECC by using java idoc adapter or RFC adapter, then you will be not able to see the messages in SXMB_MONI in ECC.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using AAE config for Proxy connection to SAP. That is, I am using SOAP as the adapter type instead of XI. So I think I will not be able to use SXMB_MONI in ECC SAP side. Please confirm.

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Since you are using proxy , you can see the messages in SXMB_MONI in ECC once they are successfully processed in PI.

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

I am not able see messages in SXMB_MONI in SAP ECC. (Receiving side).

I think when using java based adapter type for proxy (SOAP) we cannot see messages in SXMB_MONI in SAP receiving side.

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

No we can see them in ECC MONI. We have used proxy with SOAP HTTP protocol and used ICO in PI in many scenarios but we can see the messages in ECC MONI.

Please check whether the messages are processed in PI or not.

Also make sure that you have used correct url in the soap receiver to connect to the ECC system.

The correct URL would be like this

http://ecc system host name:ecc system port/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

The port detail can be found using transaction SMICM in ECC

Goto--->Services

gopalkrishna_baliga
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

I am not using URL address in my proxy channel. I am using HTTP destination. This is created in PI Java server. Therefore I cannot see messages in SXMB_MONI in SAP receiving side.

Thanks

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

Check the HTTP destination in NWA and see if it is using the right server and port to connect to ECC system.

Goto  NWA---> configuration--->destination

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

whenever you have ABAP system in scope you can use this tcode for monitoring purpose.

Thanks

Anand

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

AFAIK - you can still use SXMB_MONI in ECC/SAP system for proxy communication.

regards,

Harish