Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS Navigator gives http ok, but no message hitting Sender adapter

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using WS Navigator to test a web service that has been deployed from NWDS. The test tool is giving a HTTP 200 OK response but I cannot see anything hitting the sender adapter:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

server: SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.41 / AS Java 7.40

transfer-encoding: chunked

content-type: text/xml; charset=utf-8

date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 09:57:00 GMT

Set-Cookie: <value is hidden>

The scenario is 3rd party -> PI -> proxy. The iFlow is fully configured with a sender SOAP and receiver SOAP (XI 3.0) adapter. The proxy is not currently active but I would still expect to see a message being routed to the receiver.

Should I be able to see the message hitting the sender adapter?

Thanks

Che

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Che Eky,

Have you tried monitor the sender SOAP channel?

Please take a look at it and repeat your testing.

Regards

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Yes I can see the sender SOAP channel in the monitor but it shows no activity.

Che

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che,

Did you check the below blog?

this link also - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/902f63bf-119e-2c10-babb-d2dc24252...

regards,

Harish

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Could you use other software like SOAPUI in order to test the webservice. You can download an evaluation version from internet and try to do webservice testing with this tool.

Regards.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Unfortunately SOAP UI cannot be installed here. I am exploring other options but have to work with WS Navigator for now.

Che

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi che,

what is your intention here?

do you want to check the scenario works? or connection between sender and pi.

if you want to check the scenario you can make use of this

Regards,

Muni.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

My intention is to test the web service with a round trip using WS Navigator i.e. I want to send a request to the web service using WS Navigator and for the message to flow through the sender adapter, be routed to the receiver adapter and for the result to be routed back to WS Navigator for display.

I am getting the feeling that WS Navigator does not call the sender adapter but rather returns a response based on the deployed web service. Is this correct? and I will never get a complete message flow using WS Navigator?

Che

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tested before with wsnavigator but never looked into sender adapter

after sending message from wsnavigator you can check if there is any message in pi. and check sender adapter also.

from this you can confirm.

Regards,

Muni.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - It does call the sender adapter.. You should be able to see the message.

In fact, i just verified again and i see that the channel log is updated with my request..

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Are you on a dual or single stack? I am on a single stack and cannot see the message in the channel log.

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - I'm on dual stack but i tested with integrated configuration.

May sound silly but you are validating the channel in the right environment right ? it happened with me

If not your assumption might be correct with single stack..

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I am only working in the one environment at the moment.

Hopefully someone can confirm the single stack question. I am tempted to delete the iFlow and sender channel and create again from scratch.

Che

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have single stack 7.4. unfortunately i couldn't test it.

getting below error

Cannot connect to Services Registry; follow the recommendations in SAP Note 1458315 to check if Services Registry is configured properly

i need to follow up with basis.

Regards,

Muni.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni - You just need to a run a configuration wizard in NWA to activate SR.

However are you getting the error when you try with wsdl URL?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

I found the following helpful when setting up the Service Registry:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16253

It relates to BPM but the Service Registry setup steps are spot on.

Thanks

Che

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tested with wsdl url. yes i am able to see it in the sender channel.

Regards,

Muni.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

Thanks so much for your help! This shows me what I can expect from WS Navigator. I will continue with my testing.

Can you let me know did you simply deploy the service or did you also deploy a client?

Che

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i did not use the iflow in that. you can take the url from swing tool

go to ID-->ICO-->Displaywsdl-->(copy) WSDL URL

then go to wsnaviagator and select wsdl as search type.

are you able to see the message in message monitoring which you sent from wsnavigator?

Regards,

Muni.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muni,

My web service is deployed from NWDS. I cannot see the message in message monitoring when sent from WS Navigator.

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - Are you trying to access you external web service from wsnavigator ? If so then i don't think that call would reach PI.

Whatever the web service that you are testing from wsnavigtaor, check for the "endpoint url" in it's wsdl.

If you want to test the corresponding PI interface then, go to your ICo -Display wsdl and just copy the URL and try testing it.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Good to hear from you. The web service was generated from the Service Interface in NWDS and deployed onto the integration server. So it is not an external web service, I am using the URL from the WSDL which points to the integration server like http://abcd999.xxxxxxx.yyyyyy.com:50000/sapws/sap.com/(etc)

Che

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are there any logs which which I can view to see why the message is not hitting the sender adapter?

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - Why don't you try to get the wsdl url from Integrated configuration and try?

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

You mean from the swing integration directory? The web service was published from NWDS using a Java Ejb project, will I have to redeploy the service first using another means?

Thanks

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che -

The web service was published from NWDS using a Java Ejb project,.

This is what confusing me..   You should publish the wsdl from Integrated configuration to send the messages to PI..

Logon to Integration directory(swing) -> open the corresponding ICo -> from the menu item(Integrated Configuration) -> select button Publish in SR.

However to test it from wsnavigator, i don't think we need to publish it in SR instead

Logon to Integration directory(swing) -> open the corresponding ICo -> from the menu item(Integrated Configuration) -> click on Display wsdl button.

from the window copy the wsdl URL and test it using the wsnavigator...

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

So you are saying all interface objects can be created and configured in NWDS (like service interfaces and iFlow) and yet we can use Swing to publish and deploy the wsdl. This would be easier than having to create and deploy java projects from NWDS. Is this correct?

Che

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Che - I'm not sure if there is any simplest way to publish the wsdl into SR from NWDS.

Unfortunately, i don't have a single stack system to work on.

But i'm sure you can do that from Swing client and it shouldn't have any impact on iflow or any other objects as we are not editing/changing the objects instead just publishing the wsdl.

che_eky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I will give it a try from the Swing client but it will be after a few days now. I will update this thread then.

Thank you all for your help.

Che

Answers (0)