cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployable web service proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have a deployable proxy created on development server. It has logical port that has the address of target web service. In addition to this, web service destination gets created in Visual Admin for the proxy, which also has the web service address.

My questions are -

1) Which of the two (logical port / WS destination) is used to call web service ?

2) If the proxy is transported to staging, how can we ensure that it points to the web service in staging and not the web service in development ?

Regards,

- Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found SAP Help documentation, which says -

<i>"Logical ports (LPs) contain the configuration of the client-side SOAP runtime, such as the access URL or security settings. These are required if Web service calls are executed using proxies.

The Web service port is part of the WSDL description. This defines a URL where the service is to be called. As a rule, this URL is generated directly into the proxy object. However, this can cause problems whenever the proxy is transported into a system landscape (for example, from the test system into the productive system). In this case, the proxy would still attempt to call the Web service on the test server although the proxy should point to the productive system. The proxy could be re-generated or the coding could be changed manually. Due to the risk of errors with this method, the configuration data in the SAP Web Service Framework is separated from the implementation. <b>After transport or re-deployment of the proxy, the URL and other important parameters can be adapted using a simple editor</b>."</i>

Does anyone know how this 'adaptation' is achieved actually ?

Regards,

- Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shankar,

I have deployable proxy in my landscape on 1 Dev + Many Test + 1 Prod systems.

What we do after transport is, using visual administrator, just change the URL field for the proxy configuration to make it point to the appropriate server you wish to. A typical case is when you expose your RFCs as web service, and consume using deployable proxies and in this case your RFC as well as the deployable proxy also moves from Dev --> QA --> Prod...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol !

Does that mean that Visual Admin entry <b>"overrides"</b> the entry in logical port ?

Regards,

- Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Does that mean that Visual Admin entry "overrides" the entry in logical port ?

by logical port do you mean your logical port configuration in NWDS is it? In that case , yes...what you configure in NWDS is all compile / build time....once you deploy it onto the server , you can change few of the properties including URL from within VA...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I meant NWDS only.

Thank you. I got the answer.

Regards,

- Shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have similar problem  maintaning the url for every environment. Can you please tell me where in the Visual Admin can i change this setting.

Which node should i go to change the url that proxy is referring to.

Regards

Srikumar V

Former Member
0 Kudos

which Portal version are you on?

Answers (0)