cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping Description Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My target structure is IDOC in Message Mapping and I have a requirement to change the description in IDOC.

Please help me to proceed further.

Regards,

Siva.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I dont understand your requirement right. If you change a IDOC structure only in PI when PI will call the ECC system, a exception could be raised because the tag is missing, the type tag is different, etc.

I think, the solution is to do the change in the ECC system and the re-import the metadata later.

If the IDOC is standard the ABAP developers can wrap it with a Z one.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

I am not going to change any thing in the structure, as per my business requirements I need to change only the description. Are you sure that the system will check all the description fields and check for consistencies with ECC system.

Please clarify.

Regards,

Siva

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

please check the transaction WE60 in ECC to identify the field which needs to change for IDOC description or text.

so you need to identify the field and change the mapping to populate the required description.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

What description are you referring to?

Regards,

Xineohpi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Xineophi,

I mean the field description in the Taget structure.

Regards,

Siva

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I think you can download your IDOC as a xsd file, change the name of the field, and then import it as external definition and use it.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonio,

Can you please explain with the navigation steps.

Regards,

Siva

AntonioSanz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Go to Imported Objects-->IDOC--> Open you IDOC

Then go to XSD and push the button export. Save your IDOC as xsd.

With notepad or other text editor open your .xsd file. Edit it and do the changes.

Then go to your namespace, right click and New-->Externa Definition. Import the xsd

Now you can see the IDOC your with your changes, and you can use the external definition as an Interface.

Hope this helps.