cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what certificate shall I start with ?(How to start) help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I really need a good advice & help from expert people or any person who have a good knowledge about certification.

my major is "Management information system"with a Minor in Accounting.I'm really Interrested to learn & get any sap certificate that will help me to find the best opportunity in the near future.So I'm a biggenr starting her way & need a big advice on what certifcate will retun to me a great benefit & how to start?

I'm now working as an "ERP Project associate" for a company who implemented ERP using SAP .so I have the basic knowledge about different modules & still learning & do testing on the learning material.

I have an interest to specialize in finance & accounting ,as well I have an access to the learning hub for one year So I need to grasp this opportunity & benefit as much as I can from assigning the right courses to be learnt in the learning hub.

I feel that I'm lost when searching for the right certificte to start with or navigating on sap site .

I already start learning SAP Certified Application Associate- financial accounting (fi) by assigning the related course on the learning hub.What do you think about this certificate & its level & will it  be the right choice for me to find the right opportunity after getting the certificate?Does the learning hub will be enough & good reference for me to learn & pass?

what is your advise for me if there is any better certificate to start with I need to define my path of learning & not spending my time on something that will not return to me good results.

Waiting your great replies ASAP

Thank you

Regards,

Rose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rose,
First of all, I would like to appreciate you with whole heart for taking up the decision to go forward  in making a good career into SAP. It is indeed a good decision as SAP has a bright prospect  not only in terms of job, career, but the excitement towards learning new and exploring different horizons. The growth here is  beyond limit. Also you have got a very good opportunity as you will have direct exposure in SAP in your present scenario. So , i am sure you would like to make the most of it.

Now, coming back to all of your queries; as you have mentioned  your background its understandable so far that  you had glimpse of accounting in your curriculum.
But a question here can be evidently asked:
Do you have in depth knowledge in accounting and finance? Or did  you happen to be with commerce in your graduation? Why this question is mandatory to be answered is  while you go for SAP certification there are many concepts which will test your base knowledge regarding  these disciplines.  If otherwise choices for other modules can also be thought of.

Now also you can answer for yourself what is the area of expertise you think you are strong and confident. What appears really interesting for you to work with? These  can help you taking a good decision in which module you should  go forward with.

Also you have mentioned ERP is being  implemented where you are presently working. Please try and find  out what are the modules they are  interested to implement. This knowledge will also help you a lot.

Okay, now Coming back to certification questions;  first these following points can appear to you helpful and also important.

1. When you decide to start to make a career in SAP don't leave your job (if you are into a job) and invest everything. because you never know when things will click for you. Refer to the following blogs by the great mentors here in SCN forums.:

DOs & DON’Ts for SAP Career (Certification) on the basis of my on going journey from an Accountant t...

2. SAP Certification is not a guarantee that you will get a job or good placement, it may happen or may not, but it will definitely help you a bit to stand out in the crowd  but practical hands on experience  is what all companies  look for which equally makes life tough for the new fresh SAP Aspirants. But in your case i believe it would not occur as you are already into the Project.

You can check out these blogs :

1, How to Prepare for a Certification Exam in 5 Simple Steps

2. How to Approach and Pass a SAP Certification

As you have not mentioned from which country you belong i really cant say how would you take up the certification training but  here in India, we have authorized SAP Partner institutes which have certification training programs in different modules and candidates prepare either in ILT(Instructor Led Training) or OLT(Online Training / when on job). After done, they appear the certification exam conducted online by SAP, thus certifying themselves. But i heard in US the procedure is different. The companies train the resources and also makes them appear the certification. If you are in US you have to find out the details in this regard.

Now answers to your queries:

Rose Alustath wrote

need a big advice on what certifcate will retun to me a great benefit & how to start?

Ans: Yes, certification has its own value. At fresher level, it does not pay you much other than helping you to grasp good knowledge  and also resume selection during interviews. But certification will definitely be helpful for life long.  But SAP recommends certification for people who have worked at least for 1 year, but  this definitely has become pen and paper work. I have seen here many freshers who did not know anything in SAP has certified themselves and then launched themselves in job market. So dont worry much but put your best efforts.

Rose Alustath wrote:

I feel that I'm lost when searching for the right certificte to start with or navigating on sap site .

I already start learning SAP Certified Application Associate- financial accounting (fi) by assigning the related course on the learning hub.What do you think about this certificate & its level & will it  be the right choice for me to find the right opportunity after getting the certificate?Does the learning hub will be enough & good reference for me to learn & pass?

Ans: You can all the details about  SAP certification in Associate level for FI  here: SAP Associate Certification in FI

Here you need to note, Learning Hub is providing access to detailed and entry level knowledge in respective modules though, for certification purpose Certification materials are sufficient. For making your concepts more clear you can refer other materials as in learning hub

The level of the certification is associate as you see and you need clear concepts  in Asset Accounting (I heard it is toughest area  in the certification) and many others. So to conclude stick to certification materials  and although not necessary but  reference to hub  is  not bad at all if you can manage time and effort. Read all the books line by line and word to word. Read rigorously, at least 5 times each book as mentor advice. Practice and Practice.   Only then when you are done, and feeling confident go for certification exam.

Rose Alustath wrote:

what is your advise for me if there is any better certificate to start with I need to define my path of learning & not spending my time on something that will not return to me good results.

Ans: See Rose, certification is just a beginning. Hands on experience at the end of day is true learning. But you need to get a kick start with something in SAP, which certification can be a good decision and  I see nothing wrong in that. just put huge and huge efforts  in grasping the concepts and study as hard as possible. Once you get certified nothing like it. Also, just take a note you dont leave  your job , but keep working and along side keep learning.

I hope these links and info helps you a bit. If any queries do write back.

Regards,
Aparajit
India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aparajit,

Many thanks for your great reply.

First of all, I'm living now in a difficult place to offer us many opportunities or any learning institutes which is palestine,gaza strip. But, I need to improve my self to find later on if that would be possible any good opportuinites in UAE where I was living; & I think UAE has a great market for SAP.

I'm now considered to be in the entry level to the job market & starting my first career expertise. I'm  working as an  "ERP project associate" for a big company since 5 months & my contract is for one year. They offered us access to the learning hub & SAP system; & I need to grasp this opportunity & learn somthing great in addition to completing my work.

second issue, I have completed 6 courses in the university with my minor accounting,in addition to 1 comprehensive month of training in my new job on business & accounting concepts.As well we spent here 3 months reading many books about SAP & its basics & all of its modules in details & now doing some practical experience while testing their learning materials. Therefore, I consider that I'm a begginer with  good knowledge in accounting ,& I have the interest to speceialize in this module & I can enhance my skills in this module by learning. I'm a hard working person who needs to achive some thing great & begin my path in career to gain good experience (hope to do that!:)

Second, our company is implementing 4 modules :

1-Finance & Accounting

2-Supplychain

3- HRM

4-Public sector management(PSM)

After reading several materials about all modules I'm Interested to specialize in accounting becasue Finance is needed every where & in every comapny. My second interest is Supply chain but PSM isn't my interest at all with its ambiguous concepts!

1 more question:

-replying to your concerns, I would say that here in gaza ther is no training institutes for sap all what I have is the learning hub online learning & sap system access, so do you mean by certification materials that are enough for certification that courses available on the learning hub?

- if I'm interested to enter finance & accounting field what are the suggested certificates for biginners ?

Many thanks to your effort in replying.

Regards,

Rose

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Problems/ Challenges:

1. Difficult place where no institute for SAP trainings

2. Need to get started with SAP FI Certification alongside continue work, so confusions how to and where to start from

3. Access only to open hub and sap easy access system (i suppose)

Solutions:

For challenge 1 and 2:

As there is no SAP institute,  there can be two scenarios to answer how you can write your certification exam. But as a matter of fact, as you wish to complete the certification program and get certified along side job which is  no doubt a good idea, this can be a tedious  effort in your scenario as you are just a beginner and into a job ,  kindly note:  i am not at all discouraging you but sharing you the facts.

I am also worried where would you be able to write your certification exam. So the two scenarios can be:

1. The company in which you are working will train you in SAP FI and make you work, and thus after a year they will allow you to write certification exam, at that time you dont need to pay the  course fees just the exam fees. But as you are on contract i am not sure if this facility will be applicable for you. You need to clear all the ins and outs  at your end.

2.  You can go to https://training.sap.com/shop/ and select the country  from which you can write your certification or call SAP  in the given  number or mail them in education.germany@sap.com, to gain more information on this.(As far my knowledge; I suppose your employer needs to give you the platform to appear the exam or else only one way is via authorized training centers)

But  in my suggestion, i would say this  first year just learn learn and learn, once you have gained sufficient knowledge, it will be easy for  you to clear the certification anytime.Because more than getting certified, its more important to gain knowledge. Just gain knowledge and prove yourself in your current job.If that you can do, you will have one year of SAP FI Experience and good hand on expertise and theoretical knowledge as well. And as you told, you would like to finish off the contract and start for UAE, there you have multiple provisions of appearing the certification exam, which you can avail anytime. Also, you are right UAE has  got a superb SAP market. Many Indians are working in middle east infact I am interesed too, but not getting right opportunity as of now, so waiting for it

So focus on learning materials and all the concepts. Deal with certification materials  available in the net and all other reference materials and go on learning with out enrolling into certification program by investing money at the moment.

Since into job of 8 hours(i guess), you need to spend 6 hours daily religiously in reading the materials. I will also suggest you how you can practice at your home. Also, i am sure that the contract is extendable and those who perform well, company is going to retain them for long. So  the company is training its resources so that they can contribute during implementation of SAP. So the company must have demo systems called Sand  box for practice which you can make use all the time. And additionally if you want to practice at home, you can download the SAP GUI  here free: Downloads and install it in your laptop and connect to any service providers at your place who gives access to SAP Servers. Configure the GUI and go on practicing. You will just need internet connection and monthly rental payment  for the SAP Server Access.

Now you may be wondering where to start from:
Well,  the certification has each book codes as you can see like: TFIN50, TERP20, TFIN52, AC201, SM001E, TERP01. You can look for them in the internet for downloads i am sure you will get them, which may be of older versions but surely will be delivering the concepts and will be useful thus. you can use scribd.com for the downloads.  After you are done with collecting materials get started reading them and practicing. Invest as much time as you can.
Also you have Open Hub and along side OpenSAP certification training material(See below), these collectively will be sufficient to get you started.

For challenge 3:

As you have access to open hub for learning, that is really handy must say. Also you can try https://opensap.com  Here you can learn about  FI without investing a single penny. Just find out when the course is made available and regularly attend the course after registering yourself and appear the exam. You can also opt for multiple certifications and there are no limitations. This much appreciated initiative has been taken by  SAP education to remote places or the places where no SAP institutes are available.

Alternatively, please check with :  eLearnSAP  (google it)

It provides online training,  but i myself have never taken up any course, so cant comment, you need to find out..

Any thing you want more to know feel free to ask. okay..

Also  If more info and help  you need i will introduce you to SAP FI expert here in SCN and you can have many sound suggestions. So nothing to worry atall.

Rose Alustath wrote:

1 more question:

-replying to your concerns, I would say that here in gaza ther is no training institutes for sap all what I have is the learning hub online learning & sap system access, so do you mean by certification materials that are enough for certification that courses available on the learning hub?

- if I'm interested to enter finance & accounting field what are the suggested certificates for biginners ?

ANS:  Direct answer to this question i have given above if you take a look again. Yes certification materials by SAP is sufficient for cracking certification           exam

As you are interested to enter finance & accounting field the suggested certification for beginners is: 

C_TFIN52_65 – SAP Certified Application Associate - Financial Accounting with SAP ERP 6.0 EHP5

LASTLY, OH ONE IMPORTANT NOTE:

Please move the thread in Career Center space. You have posted it in wrong space. On right side you will see Edit link  below which Move. Click on that and select the correct space as i said. okay?

Cheers.. Aparajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Aparajit,

Thank you your great advices. Your thoughts were realistic cosidering my difficult situation of working in a difficult country, learning & having a family as well!

In the mean time we have to work around 25% & in the other time to use the learning hub to attend several diifernt courses in 4 differnet modules to gain good knowledge about every thing but not in specific path for any certificate. getting any certificate is my choice & my company will not really help us a lot in being certified but any body of us has the opportunity to find the time & learn as much as he/her can to achieve his/her goals.

I'll take your advise as a begginer & keep learning this year & hope situations change to achieve a new things.

thank you for every helpful link you provided to me. But, regarding opensap.com I checked that website & it is written that we have to buy,rent or lease to be able o use it, how it is free as you said?

Fiannally, sorry for posting in the wrong space , but I'm new to this community & I searched for the edit link as you said but I can't find it ?? where is it exactly?

Many thanks for your help & wish you a great contract in the near future in UAE in on of the big sap companies

Regards,

Rose

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rose,
Good to get your feedback. I am really happy that my answers could help you some way a bit.
Moving forward with your above reply  i  am unable to get a clear view of the role  in which you are in your current job. As you have mentioned above:

"25% workaround and rest of the time you are in the hub to learn 4 different modules"

Here i have  questions  for you as i am getting confused.
How can you go learning four different modules at the same time?
And if it is so, what is the role you are playing in your current job?
You have to know and find out that ==>
End User ?  or  Super User? or what exactly?..

As  a  core SAP Consultant, the role is always pretty different as expertise is required  in configuration concepts of the respective functional module in which the consultant will be trading (say SAP MM Consultant, he/she has to know the configuration concepts and thus consulting with the clients to help them achieve the desired business)

And regarding opensap  the link i gave you i believe dint work, the correct is https://open.sap.com/

Here you can find out the course which you require is available or not  or when if it will be available.

Open means you donot need to pay or rent for taking up the available courses. Please go through the site once again, i am sure you will get it right.

And that you dont need to be sorry at all for posting it here in SAP Certification space, i guess the question  is some what linked with this space as well but not appropriate. It is not mandatory for you to move, if you can do it well and good if not no problem. okay?
But as you have marked the question as answered i believe you wont be able to move it anymore. I will take help of moderator and get it moved if possible.

Lastly thanks a  lot for wishing me as well. Here in India and i guess all around the world, getting break into SAP is the most challenging part. Being a SAP Certified BW Consultant myself, I am still going on hard enough to narrate thing in words. But I am sure something better is definitely  going to turn up.

So as i said, just make the most of the opportunity that you have at your hand now. And most importantly dont give up and believe in yourself. If not today, or even if not tomorrow, but the day after that, you will definitely be there where you wanted to be, so dont quit and keep trying.
All the best and put queries when ever you have some, research in the net always , talk to other consultants, get more and more interactions  you will definitely learn something new always.
I hope this help you.

Regards,
Aparajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Appreciating all of your replies  & advices Aparajit.

Regarding the point that confused you about our workload & rule is as the following:

I'm now in a position of ERP Project associate to do testing tasks on the learning material for end users as well in the coming month more workload will be coming for doing scenario & unit testing. As a result, in the mean time when there is no enough workload because of client latness we have to spend time learning on the learning hub different courses that will be covering 4 modules (our company is implementing them) that will prepare us in the coming months for our new work. They are preparing for training as well  to our group from a  sap expert trainer for end users in these differnt modules all of these efforts to prepare us for our coming work not for any certificate ( certificate would be a self defined goal that I have to work on). Hope all of this will help me ..

Actually, I 'm trying now  to attend on the larning hub the required courses assigned to us from our employer (to gain good knowledge in 4 modules) as will taking the course for the certification. However, concentrating only on the learning hub without any training center or instructor  is really tedious ! hope this could work to achieve some thing!

thank you for the right link.

Wish you all the luck

Regards,

Rose

Answers (0)