cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query SSL Certificates

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have created a certificate request from a JAVA system and had it signed by third party as a wildcard certificate which we plan to use through landscape. Can someone advise if we can use this wild card certificate response and import it to ABAP systems.  Since we have created a certificate using a public key from JAVA system, would it be possible to import such a certificate into ABAP system.  I am not sure if the concept works without further actions(like addressing how we are gonna incorporate private key into this). The problem is we don't have existing SSL certificates any where in the landscape so I am looking for your thoughts on how we can incorporate our private key into the certificate response and import the chain to all systems. If there is a flaw somewhere within my understanding, please do correct. thank you.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can use the wildcard certificate on AS JAVA as well as AS ABAP. You will have to keep the private key safe which you used to create the certificate request on AS JAVA as well as the certificate response. You can export the private key from AS JAVA using the KeyStore. They have to be imported together to a PSE on AS ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for taking time out.

Some queries please.

I see JAVA private key is PKCS#8 DSA with 1024 bits whereas SAP ABAP SSL server has RSA with 2048.

I still went ahead exported the private key and tried to import with sapgenpse import_p8 options however it gets imported but SSL status turns red.  Do you think the algorithm discrepancy could be the root cause here or am i missing something.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be, SAP switched from DSA to RSA couple of years ago. I wouldn't want to use a 1024 key size anyway. You will be better off purchasing a new wild card certificate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I have managed to import the certificate response now. I exported p12 from java system, deleted SSL from abap system, imported p12 using sapgenpse, then imported the certificate response, save and then restart ICM did the trick for me.

Thanks very much for the pointers. They have helped narrow down on this.

Regards

Kalyan

Answers (0)