Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant STR TO STO creation during RBATP

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to get your opinion on how to instantly convert an STR (PreqRel) to STO in APO.

Here is the scenario:

Created an SO in with product P1 at its primary location L1

I have a rule set up in APO wherein if L1 doesnt have stock go to L2 and transfer the stock via STR (this is what is happening right now)

So in the Source location ie L1 in rrp3, there is a SO and Purchase requisition.

In RRP3 view of L2 its STR.

Here are my questions.

I see that in RRP3 view of L1 the Purchase req is always PP firmed. Can we create an PR without this PP firm column checked?

We are running deployment heuristics and then TLB (handled by other team), what does it mean for these systems when STR is PP firmed.

Is there a possibility of creating an STO directly rather than STR. If yes then what is the config setting? I know that STR can be converted through RRP7 in apo. But I dont want the system to create STR at all.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan ,

Before we proceed any further can you please tell me what is the exact requirement here . I mean why you want to create non- firm orders ??

As far as I know , firm/non-firm matters only for planning runs ..

former_member584310
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks folks.This is a good info for me to proceed.

@Love--Can you please let me know the settings for Conversion routines. I tried searching in SPRO but couldnt find it.

Thanks again

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For creation of non PP-Firmed Orders you should check conversion routines in APO .

PP-Firmed receipts means "system cannot change the receipt quantities, or delete the order, during planning with the production planning heuristics, even if the requirements quantity has changed. However, you can change the receipt quantity or delete the order manually".

STR Step can not be eliminated . Its essential for planning phase to create STR which later should get converted to STO in execution phase .

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Love Singh

sourabh_jain66
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Karan,

STR is a planning element and STO is execution, so result of the planning would always be STRs only, you need to convert them somehow. One possible way is what Andy suggested.

Assuming deployment and TLB running once a day, so if you convert STRs to STOs ones at night time that should take care of your issue.

Rgds

Sourabh

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to eliminate the STR step in the process. We've done auto-conversions of such STR's right at creation & it works perfectly fine. The conversion event is to be triggered the instance you save the parent document, for example, a Sales Order in the OLTP system.

Hope that helps