Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify multiple roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to modify multiple of roles with one transaction code.

We have transaction code ex: xxxxxx exists in around 40 roles, but we replace xxxxxx with another t-code ex:*******

How can I replace the old t -code with new t-code in all roles?

Is there any smart way of doing it? or Do I have to change each role?

Please suggest.

Many Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Lady

Are the other 39 roles derived roles or do you have 40 single roles?

If 40 single you will need to maintain them to adjust the authorisations for each

We have transaction code ex: xxxxxx exists in around 40 roles, but we replace xxxxxx with another t-code ex:*******

As an aside - sounds like you might want to review your security design and role build to simplify unless they are derived roles.

Regards

Colleen

6 REPLIES 6

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Lady

Are the other 39 roles derived roles or do you have 40 single roles?

If 40 single you will need to maintain them to adjust the authorisations for each

As an aside - sounds like you might want to review your security design and role build to simplify unless they are derived roles.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lee,

Thanks very much for your reply.

in that 40 roles,  there are 8 Master roles and remaining are derived from these.

And If removing one single t-code from many  roles is a pain and taking up too much time .

Then Is it possible is creating a new role to explicitly deny access to that t-code and add that to everyone.??

0 Kudos

So you have 8 roles to maintain directly and then propagate changes to the derived

no - security in sap doesn't do exclusion (except for p_pernr object)

have you supported security before?

regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for advising on this. No, I haven't completely supported security earlier.

I am a basis person currently lookin to secuity issues too as no special resource available for this.

0 Kudos

Recommend you read up on imparting verse derived and if you are doing more security look at ADM940 course

Former Member
0 Kudos

Couldn't agree more about the training course. Trying to support SAP security without a solid understanding of how it works is not sustainable for long (or indeed, at all).

Steve.