cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access ACUODBC from Powerbuilder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a PB12.5 App and want to access data from microfocus.

There is an ODBC Driver available called ACUODBC.

It works fine for selects on full tables but it gives no result if a where clause is provided.

select a,b,c from table works fine but

select a,b,c from table where a=xy gives no error code and no result; just as if there would be no data.

When i change settings in the ODBC configuration i could manage to get data back but the response time is not acceptable, it does a full-table-scan and does not use indexes.

my configuration is:

SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"

SQLCA.AutoCommit = False

SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=REALTEST',Block=1"

I have tried already with disablebind but this has no effect.

Other tools like MSQUery can access this data perfectly, also the where clause works fine there but from PowerBuilder i couldn't manage to get it working.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again.

i found otu it works under PB.NET and it diesn't work under PB classic.

when checking the odbc trace file i saw that in classic the SQL-Syntax contains ' ' (spaces) e.g. before the '*' of select Count(*) and before column names.

in classic at the end of the trace file i get ISAMNextRecord ... ISAM_EOF... ISAMCloseTable

in .NET i get ISAMNextRecord .. ISAMGetData ...

So my idea is that PB adds These spaces under certain circumstances which confuse the Driver.

Can anyone tell be how i can Switch that off?

Thanks again.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, the better place to ask a technical question like this is over in the PowerBuilder Developer Center.  This area is more for people who are interesting in finding out more about the product, not the folks who are already using it.  As a result, most of the developers are over in the developer center, not here.