cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner may not be used in partner function Tester.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SolMan 7.1 when we try to select a specific Business Partner as tester in a Normal or Urgent change: following error message appears:

Partner xxx may not be used in partner function Tester.

Sometimes we also get same error with Requester instead of Tester. A screenshot of the error is attached. When we open the details of the error, we see following message:

Diagnosis

It was defined in the master data in the function exclusion list for partner 2631 that he may not use partner function Requester.

Procedure
Assign partner function Requester with another partner or maintain the exclusion list in the master data for partner 2631.

We compared the configuration of this BP with configuration of BPs that we can select as Testers, but couldn't find any differences. Also searching Google and SCN didn't result in finding an answer for this error message.

Kind regards,

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco, did you ever find an answer for this? I am seeing the same thing with Developer, but on the Search field in the CRM Web UI.

Thanks!

Lori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I replied to your message with an additional question, but I believe I found the answer. My Developer business partner was set up correctly as an Employee, but the message went away after I extended the Developer into the Contact Person business partner. I've never had to do this before, but it worked for me. I'm on SolMan 7.1, SP10.

Good luck!