cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error viewing data from a view.

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I recevied an error when I tried to view data inside a view that I have created:

Data Services execution failed for /opt/eim/app/dataservices/bin/al_engine

Error:

COR-10690.

After trying a second time I recevied a more comprehensive error message:

Data Services execution failed for /opt/eim/app/dataservices/bin/al_engine. Error :

(14.1) 04-01-14 10:02:41 (E) (2963:239534432) R3C-151001: |Data flow vviewdf_4220_c8aa96ca_f4f9_418c_abee_6411a7179726|Reader EID_2_IS_VIEW_RDR_4220_47 Error calling RFC function to get table data: <RFC_ABAP_EXCEPTION-(Exception_Key: TABLE_NOT_AVAILABLE, SY-MSGTY: E, SY-MSGID: DA, SY-MSGNO: 300)>. (COR-10690)

My first assumption was that I did not have access to one of the tables, but when I checked I am able to vew data inside the four tables that are making up this view.

The Information Steward version that I am using is IS 4.1 (14.1.1.220)

Has anyone encourtered this issue before?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

Check whether you have assigned SAP Data Services Job Server to your IS Repository (this you can check from IPS - CMC). If it not, assign and then try. If it is already assigned, restart the job server and try again.

Thanks,

Ramakrishna Kamurthy

0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

The issue was with security and backend roles. I have checked what you proposed and it turned out fine. Thanks for the help.

former_member567602
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Vitali,

We are experiencing the same issue viewing data from Abap views. I understand it is something to do with security & backend roles. Do you remember what authorization or role was missing?

Thanks,

Sreeni

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same issue! Have you resolved it?

0 Kudos

Hello Jakob,

The issue with that view was a backend security role.

From the explanation that I received the table that was part of that view did not have a display role. I am able to view the data because my id that I use in Information Steward have * in S_DATASET.

I am not sure if that will help you or not, but it might be a security issue or some kind of setting mismatch in the back end roles.

Hope this helps.