cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating document numbers with Leading ZERO

Former Member
0 Kudos

My organization is in the process of implementing SAP DMS.  There are thousands of existing documents needing to be loaded in the system.  Some of these documents were created with a leading zero.  At this point, external development team has indicated there are 2 options.

1.  Allow document number to fill in all leading zeros

2.  Allow no leading zeros

However, our requirement is to allow "some" leading zero, but not allow document number to fill in leading zero for all 22 characters.

Scenario is this -

Existing document to load in the system is 0232 - this document needs to appear in CV0XX TCODES as 0232 (DRAW - DOKNR).  Currently, with option 1, document loads as 0000000000000000000000232

With option 2, document loads as 232.  Entering 0232 in CV04N still finds document, but it is now displayed as 232.  In material master basic data 2, RMMZU-DOKNR shows 232, but MARA-ZEINR shows 0232.  Both fields need to be the same and we need ability to load documents correctly as they are today.

Is it possible to allow this in SAP DMS.

Thank you, your input is appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check whether FM CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT is useful.

You may adjust the code to suit your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thank you for the quick reply.  I will work with development team to explore this and provide update ASAP.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Development has indicated the following -

We are using FM CONVERSION_EXIT_ALPHA_OUTPUT  only.

We tried to pass leading zero document numbers but it is not possible. The field length is 25. If we allow zeros then we have to type zeros followed by document number. (For 123 document number, First we have type 22 zeros followed by 123).

Please raise ticket to SAP then they will suggest some solution. 

It seems what you suggested does not work?  I'm told this can not be done as requested to allow leading zero where applicable, but not fill in all 25 characters with zero.

If your experience is different, please explain.

Thank you!

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JZ ,

Apart from this FM I do not see any possibility.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

Thank you, I will follow up with SAP and see what they have to say.  I appreciate the input!

JZ

Answers (0)