cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a dropdown to a field in Syclo Agentry application without using Complex table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to show up a drop down for a list of values for a field "Country" on the Syclo Agentry screen.

I wish to put hard-coded values for this field on the UI.

Is there any way I can populate the dropdown without making use of a complex table?

If no, What all options I might have? In case of a complex table, Is it necessary that the table should be filled by Java code?

Can I populate a complex table/Data table from the agentry UI directly?

Any help will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Drop downs are only for Complex or Data Tables, what you can do is create a file backend Data Table and put the values in the file. Create a Data Table with a File backend - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with stephen that a data table with a file backend is the best way for this use case.

But, drop downs are NOT only for Complex or Data Tables, you can also use a "List Selection" control with an object collection as data source. It is not a good way for this usecase, but it is a way to implement a dropdown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steve for looking into this. i am trying to use it now.

To confirm, there is no way to display a drop down using a complex table without the Java code, right?

also, I was trying to use the HTML option, but it was not working either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I was trying to hard-code the values in the Agentry application itself, so that I don't have to code anything at the Java front.

Will try to make use of File based data-table approach.

Thank you very much for looking into this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Complex tables drop downs need to point to a complex table, but the table doesn't have to come from a Java Backend, they can build with using any of the backends: File, Java, SQL, HTTP\XML

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dirk,

Seeing how I never seen that used, I forgot about that. 

Stephen

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Arihant,

There is no easy way to define a drop down list with hard-coded values directly from Agentry without using a CT or DT.  You could also use a SQL backend to populate a complex or data table.  You could populate (hard code) a small list just using Agentry by populating an object collection using a combination of actions and transactions, and then use the List Selection to display the collection list on screen.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

I went through the link Create a Data Table with a File backend - SAP Mobility - SCN Wiki

However, I couldn't find a folder "tables" under the ServerDev directory.

I created the folder "tables" under the root directory (C:\SAP Work Manager\ServerDev)  and placed the file there.

the agentry application->Data tables looks like this:

The INI file looks like this:

the ATE can't detect the newly added data table.

What can be wrong here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your file called dtCountry?

Can you put upload a copy of the file for review?

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

below is the file and file system screenshots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Can you please suggest me what approach I should follow in order to make use of the File based data table?

Thank you for your inputs and help.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Arihant,

Here is my configuration for using a file based DT.  Note there is an error in the example your followed on the LastUpdate reference.  The value should be the name of the datatable equals sign and the last update time date reference.

Here is the contents of my data table file (FileBasedDT.txt)

[filebaseddatatable]
1=Critical
2=High
3=Medium
4=Low
5=Very Low

[LastUpdates]
filebaseddatatable=9:00:00 2/6/2014

The corresponding editor definition is as follows

I think the other critical point is that in the actual file the name reference must be all lower case.  Even though the name is mixed case in the Editor screenshot when it looks for the matching section in the file it coverts to lower case and does a case specific lookup.

Try chaning your file DT reference to be all lower case and fix the last update reference and you should be good to go.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

I updated the wiki page to fix the typo in the lastUpdates section.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BIll,

Thank you very much for your suggestion.

It worked like a charm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve.

Along with the "equals" sign, I put the name of data tables in the text file all in lower case letters as suggested by Bill and it worked for me.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Arihant,

Glad you got it working.  I will work with Steve to also update the page to note the lowercase restriction in the data file.

--Bill

Answers (0)